Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchasing a computer system

I want to purchase a computer system and my budget is under 25,000/ rupees.i want to assemble it with different company's hardware.can you help me which company is best for Mouse,which one is for Monitor so on??
    Last edited by kanchan345; 04-23-2012 at 05:27 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    rs.i? Do you have repetitive stress injury?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    What is an rs worth in real money?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Unless I am messing up according to Google 25000 Indian rupees is about $500 US,25000 Pakistani rupees is less than $400.

http://in.finance.yahoo.com/currenci...=USD;amt=25000
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I didn't want to guess where kanchan was from and figured rs might be ruipees, roubles or rands... you haven't made an assumption based on this members apparent name, have you? That might be construed a little awkwardly.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    rs. stands for Rupees that is India's currency.and in shortcut it is written as rs.are you all satisfied?
    I have made correction in my post so now you can easily understand.
    Last edited by kanchan345; 04-23-2012 at 05:29 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kanchan345 View Post
    rs. stands for Rupees that is India's currency.and in shortcut it is written as rs.are you all satisfied?
    I have made correction in my post so now you can easily understand.
    Are we satisfied? That sounds agressive for someone asking for help & advice, but I'm willing to let it go as English is not your first language.

I want to purchase a computer system and my budget is under 25,000/ rupees.i want to assemble it with different company's hardware.can you help me which company is best for Mouse,which one is for Monitor so on??
    Oh now that makes a lot more sense. Much clearer. Doesn't change the fact that you're expecting other people to go and spend time looking for a complete setup while you just sit and wait, twiddling your thumbs.

Nevertheless, I shall give you some pointers so you yourself can spend a few days putting items in and taking them out of baskets at various supplier websites trying to stay within your budget...

Case: Cooler Master, Antec, Silverstone are three of the best but it's mostly down to what you think looks best.
    Motherboard: Asus, Gigabyte
    CPU: Intel
    Cooler: be quiet! or Noctua
    RAM: Geil
    Video: nVidia
    Sound: Asus
    Wi-Fi: Netgear
    Optical: Pioneer, Plextor but all the same really
    HDD: all the same really
    PSU: Antec or be quiet!
    Mouse: Saitek
    Keyboard: Saitek
    Monitor: Samsing or Dell

HTH

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hello chewie..
    You are right,English is not my first language.will you please tell me that what i should write in place of "are you all satisfied"?
    and thanks for your advise.
    Last edited by kanchan345; 04-24-2012 at 05:40 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I was jogging down the same track chewie but each time I thought out a reply it came out rude and the user is new so I just left it....

The basic point kanchan, noone else is going to put in much effort if you don't yourself. I myself live the other side of the world from the Indian sub-continent so I'm not about to get myself acquainted with your suppliers and find the best deals etc when you haven't even bothered to look yourself and post suggestions of what you think you would like. We can suggest what is good/bad hardware combinations, but you need to do some of the legwork yourself too, especially regarding which are the best local suppliers in terms of cost and reliability in India.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hello chewie..
    You are right,English is not my first language.will you please tell me that what i should write in place of "are you all satisfied"?
    and thanks for your advise.
    There's no need to ask the question. Asking if we're satisfied implies that we are being unreasonable when all that happened was that you were not clear enough. It's agressive and confrontational.
    You could have typed, "I'm sorry, I meant Rupees! LOL XD"/
    Also, advise (pronounced advize) is a verb, meaning to give advice. This is not a massive problem though, as about 80% of my friends don't know the bloody difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I was jogging down the same track chewie but each time I thought out a reply it came out rude and the user is new so I just left it....

The basic point kanchan, noone else is going to put in much effort if you don't yourself. I myself live the other side of the world from the Indian sub-continent so I'm not about to get myself acquainted with your suppliers and find the best deals etc when you haven't even bothered to look yourself and post suggestions of what you think you would like. We can suggest what is good/bad hardware combinations, but you need to do some of the legwork yourself too, especially regarding which are the best local suppliers in terms of cost and reliability in India.
    I second Artemis' thoughts.
    Why would anyone, anywhere in the world, who is not acquainted with you, wish to do more than just help, but actually do everything for you? It implies an arrogant level of self-entitlement that does not go down very well. Go for a browse around some online hardware suppliers/merchants/shops and add a few parts to your basket, then ask the good people here at FST what they think of your choices. You will find that you will get plenty of opinions on what is good and what should be avoided.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast