Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does LOL have 2 NFO styles?

newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    It frankly worries me that you took his inquiry seriously.
    Maybe you think I should bullshit and ridicule all the noobs who ask questions here, but I prefer to leave that role to the more experienced forum trolls.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    It frankly worries me that you took his inquiry seriously.
    Maybe you think I should bullshit and ridicule all the noobs who ask questions here, but I prefer to leave that role to the more experienced forum trolls.
    Sorry but you can't get there from here.

Btw I don't ridicule or bullshit anyone but myself.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    newsgroupie

I was not trying to point any fingers at you or anyone else in particular, or even this forum in particular (which I'd rank as relatively tame in comparison).

When it comes to questions from new visitors, I try to make a point to take everything here at face value and give everyone the benefit of any doubt, no matter how 'dumb' the question might seem or how 'fishy' the odor.

There's usually no shortage of other people to call them out on it, but I might prefer to take the other side and "play the good cop" (except when I think people are trying to shill for a company they work for; that's when the gloves come off). I figure that it's not going to hurt me to let a few jokers amuse themselves before they slither away. Or maybe I'm also thinking about all the countless times that I've been kicked, banned, and/or had my comments deleted from various places over the years because some 'smart' fellow read something into what I said (or even the name I used) that simply was not there.

But back to the topic ... sure, it's a question where the answer should have been obvious to most anyone, with or without a funny name
    Last edited by zot; 04-24-2012 at 09:08 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post

I was not trying to point any fingers at you or anyone else in particular, or even this forum in particular (which I'd rank as relatively tame in comparison).

When it comes to questions from new visitors, I try to make a point to take everything here at face value and give everyone the benefit of any doubt, no matter how 'dumb' the question might seem or how 'fishy' the odor.

There's usually no shortage of other people to call them out on it, but I might prefer to take the other side and "play the good cop" (except when I think people are trying to shill for a company they work for; that's when the gloves come off). I figure that it's not going to hurt me to let a few jokers amuse themselves before they slither away. Or maybe I'm also thinking about all the countless times that I've been kicked, banned, and/or had my comments deleted from various places over the years because some 'smart' fellow read something into what I said (or even the name I used) that simply was not there.

But back to the topic ... sure, it's a question where the answer should have been obvious to most anyone, with or without a funny name
    Now zot, you know FST is not like that. Also, a halo and wings, that can be your avatar.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    This is a genuine and serious question - what is the purpose/point of NFOs?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Letting you know what you're getting into.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    newsgroupie
    When viewed/downloaded from a trusted NFO release site, NFOs are helpful for identifying a genuine scene release, such as found on a usenet posting. (I have seen fake/virus releases using forged NFOs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12