Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Vs. Xbox

Poster
    Go the Xbox. If you look at some of the MUCH older posts, you can see some good comparisons between the two systems. Go and have a read...

2. Games   -   #12
    playstation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! period .

3. Games   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Id say ps2 , because lately i havent seen any good interesting games for Xbox , except the gta duoble pack.

I say go with ps2 because it has the best games in my opinion , such as gran turismo , metal gear solid , grand theft auto, final fantasy , virtua fighter , etc....

4. Games   -   #14
    Twist3r
    xbox, the online play with xbox live is great!!!!

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Formula1@18 November 2003 - 10:14
    Id say ps2 , because lately i havent seen any good interesting games for Xbox , except the gta duoble pack.
    Maybe that means there's a big batch on the way then? Wishful thinking though...

6. Games   -   #16
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Again it's a matter of personal preference, as there will always be some games that are exclusive to each system. But if you read the reviews at ign.com for games that are available on all three current systems, you'll see that in almost every instance they agree that the graphics look best on Xbox. Right now the only real advantage PS2 has is it's exclusive games, but that's starting to change (GTA anyone?). Microsoft on the other hand is making a lot of it's own great games like Halo, Crimson Skies, and Brute Force, which will never be available on any other system (except maybe PC). They also own RARE now, the company that made Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, and many other great games for Nintendo, so those licenses will now be Xbox exclusive. But PS2 is nice if you already have a PS1, since you can still use your old controllers and games.

All in all it's a very difficult choice, but I went with Xbox because on the faster processor, built in hard drive, exclusive games that appeal to me, and I just like the feel of the new controller (I was never a fan of the old PS ones). Tell your friend I encourage him to go to a store that has both systems and try them out to see which one looks and feels better to him. Then head over to ign.com or Gamespot.com and read reviews for some of the games that interest him for each system. That way he can truly make an informed decision.

7. Games   -   #17
    XBOX,
    reason 1: mircosoft,you make an emulator bill gatez will sue ur ass
    reason 2: online playing free xbox live
    reason 3: all my friend's ps2 burned out, they say ps2s always does that(u have to buy warrntees after it burns out it can't play anything)
    reason 4 : heard lots and lots of people say that the xbox 2 wut ever it gona be called is suppose to be a simple version of xbox(means small less stuff)
    (HIDDEN REASON): mod chips copy games, copied game can't go online but works on single player.
    reason 5: articles say when every bill makes an xbox he loses 100$ rip the crap out of him!

8. Games   -   #18
    Originally posted by DEATH_WING@17 November 2003 - 18:15
    reason 5: articles say when every bill makes an xbox he loses 100$ rip the crap out of him!
    yeah and then you buy three xbox games published by MS and he gets his $100 back.

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by Twister@18 November 2003 - 01:16
    xbox, the online play with xbox live is great!!!!
    agree

10. Games   -   #20
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@17 November 2003 - 17:00
    Graphic = Xbox

Games = PS2 B)
    exactly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast