Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ps2 Vs. Xbox

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Iam a massive fan of PS2 and it is my favourite BUT Xbox has much more reliability in gameplay, has anybody noticed that FIFA 2004 jumps and freezes and you can see through players shirts!!! but if you play the game on Xbox everything is fine no stupid glitches or freezes

I still think PS2 is best basically because it has the most variety of games and im afraid will never match up to the power of the PS2.

The new PLAYSTATION console is comin out next christmas it will be called the PSX it records from T.V onto recordable discs and graphics will just blow any competitors away

THATS ,Y VIEW
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Games   -   #32
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    HE WILL HAVE FUN WITH HIS PS2
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Games   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz@19 November 2003 - 07:05
    I still think PS2 is best basically because it has the most variety of games and im afraid will never match up to the power of the PS2.

The new PLAYSTATION console is comin out next christmas it will be called the PSX it records from T.V onto recordable discs and graphics will just blow any competitors away
    I believe you mean '...will never match up to the power of the Xbox.' (not to the power of the PS2)

And the PSX blowing away the other competitors is untrue, as it is just a PS2 with other features added on, it's graphics will be no better and no worse than the current PS2's, but will have other features like D.V.D. Recocording, which will make a lot of buyers stay with there PS2's.

I don't have either console, so I could careless which you buy, I'm still hapyy with my Sony PSOne and Sega Dreamcast.

4. Games   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz@18 November 2003 - 21:05
    Iam a massive fan of PS2 and it is my favourite BUT Xbox has much more reliability in gameplay, has anybody noticed that FIFA 2004 jumps and freezes and you can see through players shirts!!! but if you play the game on Xbox everything is fine no stupid glitches or freezes

THATS ,Y VIEW
    The next PS will be a handheld... The graphics are the same as a PS 1 ... Nothing spectacular... Except for handheld consoles... Won't compete with PS2 though.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@19 November 2003 - 07:09
    The next PS will be a handheld... The graphics are the same as a PS 1 ... Nothing spectacular... Except for handheld consoles... Won't compete with PS2 though.
    The next PS, the PSX, has already been anounce, and that sure isn't hand held. But the next generation maybe, or Sony may be tring to enter the mobile gaming leuge again, anyone remember the Sony PocketStation?

6. Games   -   #36
    Poster
    Shit.. I'm thinking of the PSP (Playstation Portable)

I though the original Playstation was referred to as the PSX... Is the PSX the PS3 in other words?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. Games   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@19 November 2003 - 07:40
    Shit.. I'm thinking of the PSP (Playstation Portable)

I though the original Playstation was referred to as the PSX... Is the PSX the PS3 in other words?
    Yes, the original Sony PlayStation was unofficially known as the PSX, but is now reffered to as PS or PSOne. The PSX is not the next generation console (is not PS3). The PSX is the PS2, but with an upgraded D.V.D. Drive with the capability of writing to D.V.D.'s. It also has a built-in Hard Disc Drive, and other features that I can't remember. But basically, it is a TiVo (I think that's what you have in the U.S.A. - I wouldn't know couse I don't live there...) with a built in PS2. So the PS2 unit in it is no upgrade or superior qualities to a normal PS2. Hope this is making sense... The PS3 is still due to come later on, and my personal opinion is that Sony is using the PSX to test when the market will be ready for the PS3 - as I'm sure they will follow on the successful features of the PSX to the PS3.

There is also a rumor that Microsoft will be doing something similar with the Xbox and it will be called Xbox 1.5. It's probable features include a larger standard hard drive and D.V.D. recording capabilities. If your interested in more information on either, there's a lot of articles around about them.

8. Games   -   #38
    Lick My Lovepump
    To all you "PS2 has exclusive games" people:

Bill Gates will buy 'em all, then you'll be left with nothing

Just joking really, I have no preference whatsoever of these consoles, since I don't own any of 'em. I'll probably get a cheap PS2 for like £20 after the PSXs come out though.

9. Games   -   #39
    Twist3r
    the psx is going to retail at 900 dollers i heard at least, why spend 900 dollers when you could buy a dvd recorder for like 200 then a ps2 for 170 then just stack them on top of each other and you got a psx for less money

10. Games   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Twister@18 November 2003 - 22:35
    the psx is going to retail at 900 dollers  i heard at least, why spend 900 dollers when you could buy a dvd recorder for like 200 then a ps2 for 170 then just stack them on top of each other and you got a psx for less money
    It Also Has A 250GB HDD And An Online Adapter Built In

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast