Thread: Damnedable Yellow Light

How do get rid of this thing? I tried going to command services.msc and disabling ICF (it was on manual before?). That didn't help.

I currently running a laptop off of a T3 network @ college. Is it possible I am behind a hardware firewall? Could that even create this yellow light situation?

As i've stated before for my connection speed my d/l rate is certainly less than stellar.

Whatever the problem is it seems to adversely affect dc++ even more no one downloads off me (although I am only sharing 3 gigs) and KL a bit less I've toped out a about 270KB/S I always assume this was due to the limitations off the persons I was downloading from...maybe not?

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yes, that is why u get the yellow light because of a firewalls. But most times if u just wait it out it should go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yes but there in lies the problem the yellow light has yet to go away once.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gre1+17 November 2003 - 17:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gre1 &#064; 17 November 2003 - 17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yes, that is why u get the yellow light because of a firewalls. But most times if u just wait it out it should go away.[/b]
    <!--QuoteBegin-BillyBongThorton@17 November 2003 - 18:22
    Yes but there in lies the problem the yellow light has yet to go away once.[/quote]It&#39;s the college connection -- you&#39;re probably on a LAN and NOT port-forwarding the ports BitTorrent is using (or is trying to use anyhow...)

Worse still, you&#39;d have to port-forward at the college&#39;s router -- which you probably cannot do.

This is just yet another reason why having a &#39;fast connection&#39; (a T-3 line) isn&#39;t always as good as a dedicated slower line.

So you&#39;re probably stuck ALWAYS having a yellow light and not much you can do. Hope your download (and upload) speeds don&#39;t suck too much&#33;

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I&#39;m glad I don&#39;t have to put up with all that college downloading stuff.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    yeah I am envious of you.

I of course would have a cable connection at home in a heartbeat but I live out in the boonies.

Anyhow you&#39;ve hit the nail on the head. Since I am using my laptop to plug into a network at my college I&#39;m not sure it would even be possible to get ports 6881-6889 forwarded since I almost certainly don&#39;t have a static internal IP.

What I am thinking though is that maybe a could use a website to check my IP and the manually match my external IP with my internal IP using the command line (although I don&#39;t know how do use it just yet). This theoritcally should enable more peers to up from me thus proportionally increasing my download rate?

Do you think this could work?

Are you (or anyone here) famaliar with how to type IP commands into Shadow?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Hi,

even though you have a yellow light, you should still be downloading, I am behind a firewall, but it still lets me download&#33;
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>