Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Printers

  1. #1
    Looking to get a new printer to replace my C42ux

    Ive seen that HP are not recommended due to pricey ink.

    Did a search and it seems Canon and Epson! are the best. Looking to print photo's
    as well as other general stuff so the quality must be good.

    Don't really want to spend more than 200 english pounds.

    Ive come up with a few ( not sure if their that good tho ) they are:

    Epson 900, Canon i865 and the Canon i850.

    Also im swayed towards another Epson because i can re-fill them cartridges with ink ( not sure if you can do that with Canon's)

    So any advice/links (uk only) would be appreciated.

    Cheers fellas

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North East England, UK
    Posts
    1,772
    Epson 900 Photo Stylus is great for photos. i got mine for 75 from PCworld...a few places were doin the offer, so give em a look
    <insert signature here>

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wichita Kansas
    Posts
    899
    heheheh i got an epson for 20 bucks, epson stylus c82n i ran out of ink, snd since it is included with the printer, i just boaught another one because it was cheaper

    Umm epsons are great, cross platform etc usb plugg and play feature very nice, a little iunk hungry soime modles, but look at reviews...

    although beware i have seen epsons do very strange things, one shot the ink(moving thingy) through one of the side of the printer&#33; when they print they are violent&#33;

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North East England, UK
    Posts
    1,772
    Originally posted by SciManAl@17 November 2003 - 22:59
    heheheh i got an epson for 20 bucks, epson stylus c82n i ran out of ink, snd since it is included with the printer, i just boaught another one because it was cheaper

    Umm epsons are great, cross platform etc usb plugg and play feature very nice, a little iunk hungry soime modles, but look at reviews...

    although beware i have seen epsons do very strange things, one shot the ink(moving thingy) through one of the side of the printer&#33; when they print they are violent&#33;
    but dont they only come with a half tank of ink?
    <insert signature here>

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    whats is wrong with the c42?
    There cheap as hell, decent quality, replacement cartridges cost just a couple of quid..

    I have two of them..

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    5,529
    I&#39;d second the above - what&#39;s wrong with your C42 that you want to upgrade it? The speed, the quality, the ink capacity, what? The reason for an upgrade will determine what you want to upgrade to.

    Also, how many English pounds are there in a British pound? I didn&#39;t know the English were any different from the rest of Britain.

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    my advice when buying a printer is firstly decide what you are actually going to be using it mostly for ie docs or photos or both, then what sort of quality and speed are you needing ie pages per min and how many dots per square inch(DPI)(the higher the number the better ), then go look at printers and see what meets your needs and then look at the price of the cartridges. also see if there are any reviews for your printer HERE is a great site in the uk epson,canon lexmark,HP

  8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@17 November 2003 - 23:54
    Epson 900 Photo Stylus is great for photos. i got mine for 75 from PCworld...a few places were doin the offer, so give em a look
    yeah i would go for that epson 900 ive got one and its good, best thing i like u can print strate onto cd/dvds
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

  9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North East England, UK
    Posts
    1,772
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 November 2003 - 20:08
    Also, how many English pounds are there in a British pound? I didn&#39;t know the English were any different from the rest of Britain.
    So why do you all up there insist on having funny notes? I always change my money back to english at the last petrol station I pass before I come back home, whenever I venture across the border
    <insert signature here>

  10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Lamsey@18 November 2003 - 19:08
    I&#39;d second the above - what&#39;s wrong with your C42 that you want to upgrade it? The speed, the quality, the ink capacity, what? The reason for an upgrade will determine what you want to upgrade to.

    Also, how many English pounds are there in a British pound? I didn&#39;t know the English were any different from the rest of Britain.
    My apoligies Lamsey

    I&#39;m English, so English pound for me thanks, and Scottish pound for you

    Anyway back to the point here

    Lamsey i know you own a c42, remember from a while back and although it&#39;s
    a decent printer mine is eating ink at the mo, and i&#39;m not even printing anything&#33;&#33;

    It&#39;s the bloody head cleaning it goes through, i have to run it about 5-10 times (no joke)
    to get rid of &#39;lines&#39; that appeat in my prints.

    Also i want a photo quality printer. So that&#39;s why it&#39;s getting replaced&#33;

    In the time ive been away ive done alot of research and ive narrowed it down to these two:

    Epson 900 or the Canon i865.

    Having looked at many reviews etc i&#39;m going for the Canon. Does everything that the Epson does ie: print direct to cd&#39;s, photo quality is outstanding/very good sofrware/cheap to run and i havent seen a bad thing said about it.

    So that&#39;s that bye bye Epson and hello Mr Canon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •