Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I just realized...

manker's Avatar effendi
    If the The account existed prior to the temp forum and all posts were lost, it's entirely possible that the original The account was lost, too. Freeing up the space for the new the account to be formed.
    This renders chavois' delusion entirely plausible.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I'm wondering how, with all the times we referred to TheDave as The, you never realised we were on about TheDave and instead thought it was some mythical being from 2003.
    I remember it clear as day, mang. I even remember him posting a picture of himself. It was from a weird perspective. He looked like a psychotic goth child about two steps away from self-harming. Hence the arachnoid allusion.
    Yep, that sounds pretty much like TheDave to me...

I don't remember anyone called simply "The". There was once "The_Flinger", he was one of the board's very early post-whores, a proto-post-whore if you will. He pre-dated DanB's tenure as being the highest poster.. I think he was first to 1000 or something

3. Lounge   -   #43
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    meta.jpg

meta
    Last edited by mjmacky; 05-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Why did you post that
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #45
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

I remember it clear as day, mang. I even remember him posting a picture of himself. It was from a weird perspective. He looked like a psychotic goth child about two steps away from self-harming. Hence the arachnoid allusion.

I don't remember anyone called simply "The". There was once "The_Flinger", he was one of the board's very early post-whores, a proto-post-whore if you will. He pre-dated DanB's tenure as being the highest poster.. I think he was first to 1000 or something
    I need 1217 posts to reclaim my rightful position as the highest poster.

Using all available data, how long do you think this will take.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I probably should know what meta means but it's just one of those wank terms that I can't be bothered with.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Why did you post that
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I probably should know what meta means but it's just one of those wank terms that I can't be bothered with.
    I originally just posted the picture that shows I can't sign up as The. It was disappointment. Then while staring at my post, wondering, "why did I bother to post that", I edited it for the point of having an edit mark, screen capped, and then updated the picture. To answer your question, I don't know.

@Idol
    since meta simply means self-referential, I refuse to believe you don't already know that.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

Right, the plot thickens, ffs.

Did an advanced search in usernames for 'The_Flinger' and derivatives thereof. Doesn't show up. Closest is 'the_finger' or something. I submit that this adds credence to my 2003 purge theory.

I'm starting to lose the will to live. Again.
    Last edited by chalice; 05-01-2012 at 01:17 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    No wait, I'm talking balls again. 'the flinger' does show up sans underscore. He only made it to 450 posts with the last one being Sept 2002, completely obliterating my 2003 purge theory. Fuck it, Snee, you win.

I'll be performing my pendulum impression from the nearest tree if anyone wants me.
    Last edited by chalice; 05-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    manker's Avatar effendi

So, to sum up; you dreamed it all and robots are incapable of misleading humans.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast