Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What U Need To Power A System?

lol i know that using ur tip i willbe able to test it. what im asking is do i need to have the cpu, ram and the hdd isntalled to get power the old fasion way. or should just the motherboard be needed to get power.

like im building the system. and only have the case and motherboard. then i hook up some lights to it. should the light light up or do i need the cpu and all the rest of the components to get power for my system. (like a regular computer.)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    i would think so, you could of course try it(usually i have all the stuff installed)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You don't need the RAM nor the HDD but you need the CPU.

If you startup with the CPU and no RAM it should start but you will hear a beeping error message from the small PC spreaker (if connected). Add some RAM and you can boot to the BIOS. Add the HDD and optical drives and then you can run the OS setup.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    okay ty sciman and clocker. i hope that it need a cpu or ram or all the other stuff to work or im gonna have to send backeither the psu or the mobo.

Edit: ty vb. u always a help. so the next thing i need is a cpu. woohooo so my mobo and psu is working. ty ty ty vb. a sigh of releive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12