Thread: Sound Codec Problems

I recently downloaded a game, 'Freelancer" off of BT. It is an awesome space shooter, but its getting very annoying because at times the sound cuts out, however, i can still hear the regular explosions and sound effects, just the voices are cut out. The game is now a rip, it has complete files and i dont think it is corrupt. I tried to re-install many times and it still didnt work.

Then i read the readme, it said that in order to get the sound working properly i had to delete/un-install all third party codecs and then reinstall.

I deleted my KaZaa Lite Codec and also my DiXV codec. When i searched my computer it found a lot of files with the word "codec" in it, but im afraid i'll mess up my comp if i delete all of it. Is there one universal codec that will work with my computer and also the game? Im running a 1.8 ghz Geforce 2 mx/mx400, and a soundMAX integrated digital audio.

After i did what the readme said, un-installing my KaZaa lite codec i had NO sound at all, i have no idea what to do next, i tried the drivers, nothing

Please Help!
    -TiMz

2. Games   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    hmmm...sounds like either a bad rip, or you are missing a codec in the kazaa lite codecs...
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Games   -   #3
    missing a codec? if v 2.10f is the latest then i dont think im missing one. As for it being a bad rip, it could be but it appears other ppl who d/l it had it working fine
    -TiMz

4. Games   -   #4
    Only in a Processor.
    hmm...maybe it could be a hardware problem, what is the specs on your machine?
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.