Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadband Connection

Poster
    So with ipconfig/all in cmd where it says lease obtained and lease expires when it expires is when I have to restart the modem.(Mine says obtained the 18 and ends the 21) My internet tends to turn itself off a bunch like i have to restart router and modem for shit to get backing working again. Sometimes i go with weeks without doing this and sometimes its like every other day. Also the problem keeps coming back. I have my router with DMZ enabled and i have port forwarding for bittorrent on and I have sygate pro running normal.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@18 November 2003 - 18:38
    So with ipconfig/all in cmd where it says lease obtained and lease expires when it expires is when I have to restart the modem.(Mine says obtained the 18 and ends the 21) My internet tends to turn itself off a bunch like i have to restart router and modem for shit to get backing working again. Sometimes i go with weeks without doing this and sometimes its like every other day. Also the problem keeps coming back. I have my router with DMZ enabled and i have port forwarding for bittorrent on and I have sygate pro running normal.
    Instead of manually unplugging or restarteing the modem just go to netowrk connections and right click on the connection icon and disable and then reenable it and that should keep you from having to unplugging the router and plugging it back in, worked for me. Although I only have that problem when I travel. According to the aggreement my isp has with static ip addresses if your not using the ip address for more 5 days a week then they kill the connection to save bandwitdh on the backbone of their network.

I get to keep a static ip address because all my computers here generally stay online an average of 22 hours a day, seven days a week. But if I go out of town or home to vist then I have to call them up and tell them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    The problem seems to be growing and it only affects windows systems in my experience. For some reason, the IP is released during reboot and DHCP doesn't renew it. Occasionally the IP is dropped while refreshing a page.
    I've seen this same problem posted a lot lately. Some new MS bug? A hot fix fuckup again maybe?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I use the internet every single day for 3 hours+ so I am using the IP plenty. Also it becomes a very big nuisance since my hardware firewall only allows single entrys for port forwarding so when I restart modem and router i get new IP so i have to go back to each entry and change that one number and i have like 15 something entries. Big pain in the ass. Also i know there is tempory fixes which I have been using for awhile now but I would like to have a pernament one. To make sure everyone knows what I mean the internet just stops while I am doing shit. THen I have to do all that crap. Also sometimes its very stubborn and I have to f*ck with it tad bit more to getting working fully again. Also I don't think it could be router problems considering it is in DMZ so all connections are allowed but it could be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12