Thread: Disable Request To Scan With Antivirus

Poster
    I think K-lite wanting Norton to scan the downloads is great, but it is requesting a scan way too much and it is slowing down my system drastically. I have a full backup of my system and am willing to take the chance with a virus than put up with the slow down caused by the constant requesting. How do I turn off this feature? ( or change the time between request?)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I have Norton AV I did not know you could get it to scan KLite automaticaly,where do you tell it to do that?

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Are you sure you set up your AV correctly. Sounds like you need to tell it that KLite can act as a server.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    My Norton does't do that unless u mean auto protect, if so yeah u can turn it off but make sure u manually scan anything u download.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I have norton antivirus 2004, and winxp pro as my o/s. Norton AV (about every 20 seconds) pops up a window right above my clock and says that k-lite (it actually says the file name, and it is k-lite) has requested a virus scan. It stops all downloading until it is finished virus scanning (about 5 seconds), then it starts downloading again. Like I said, I was downloading about 4 files that were .zip files, and they were about 150mb each.
    And the above just kept repeating until the file was downloaded. And it slowed down everything, because when norton did it virus scan, ALL programs ran very slow, or stopped all together.
    This is the first time that K-lite has ever done this, I just figured it was because of the new version. First time I have used the newest version.

If more info is needed, let me know.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I have the same thing u have and that never happened with any version of kazaa it could because of downloading a .zip file but I still doubt that's why where did u get your NAV from.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I have snag-it, and I have a nice image of kazaa lite requesting a virus scan. It is doing it on my computer, don't know why if it ain't like that on others. I have noticed this, if you download more, it is just constantly virus scanning each file. By the time it gets through with one, it is time to scan another.

How do you upload an image on this forum? I can't figure it out. Thanks for you help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Norton 2004 has a feature to scan dat files its called compressed files in options unclick this option and it wont scan your dat files.