Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I know what's up with Idol.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Hokay, you originally wrote the word parenthesise which I came along and sharpied mit a 'z' on the last s, which is how I was taught it should be done, but let me guess, you are going to interject, both forms are functional. Unfortunately I was a bad person and used American english using a z instead of an s, but that's what you get for having American culture rammed down your neck. Although a colony of the empire and still acknowledge Liz as the Queen and having a Governor General and all the palaver, it gets very confusing so fucking sue me.....
    Indeed but can you imagine my surprise while having a wee chat with a fellow Brit, I was told to Americanise my parlance.

I can tell you what I did. I put down my black coffee, went straight to the kitchen and made myself a nice cup of tea - which I then drank while holding my little finger askew.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Hokay, you originally wrote the word parenthesise which I came along and sharpied mit a 'z' on the last s, which is how I was taught it should be done, but let me guess, you are going to interject, both forms are functional. Unfortunately I was a bad person and used American english using a z instead of an s, but that's what you get for having American culture rammed down your neck. Although a colony of the empire and still acknowledge Liz as the Queen and having a Governor General and all the palaver, it gets very confusing so fucking sue me.....
    Indeed but can you imagine my surprise while having a wee chat with a fellow Brit, I was told to Americanise my parlance.

I can tell you what I did. I put down my black coffee, went straight to the kitchen and made myself a nice cup of tea - which I then drank while holding my little finger askew.
    I know the shame of it all, I went and banged my head in the door, It really does actually get confusing without being facile at all. When I was at school we suddenly went from imperial to metric, so there you are, everything you learned you can unlearn and start again, and while your at it, we've changed the currency too... We used to have pounds and pence just like the U.K. but then changed (I've still got some old sixpence pieces).
    The same very much has happened to the language here, it very much was proper British with the Oxford dictionary as the standard, and in the 70's and 80's the proper accent for a radio or television announcer was a British one. But times have very much changed. I find myself cutting the u from common words like for instance colour to become color because that is how the print media spells it now, the evil peril is everywhere American english is derigeur and I corrected my grumpy welsh invisible sharpie wielding frustrated english teacher with an americanism, a faux pas for which I am sure I will burn in hell's eternal flames....mea culpa....mea culpa.....mea culpa......
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The they in the first post did bother me.
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It's okay, mate. I'm just glad that it's all out in the open now. You're among friends and it's not like we'd ever take the piss or anything.
    Imagine if your poor wife knew of your secret shame.

This literary invasion is a menace and it must be stopped.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    The they in the first post did bother me.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    It ruined your lovely flowe. True story.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    It ruined your lovely flowe. True story.
    Oh, you mean like the bittards.

Jebus, when did you get so esoteric.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Mary is quite persuasive so I decided I'd mine fst they way she does.
    That's all I meant. Hippie.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    manker's Avatar effendi
    OH!
    You fucker, I read that first post like 23 times looking for an error and didn't see it.

And also, if only Arty had seen that instead

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Did the first post-bit of my first post-knot give you a raging clue.
    Now go away.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast