Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The catch-all movie/TV comment thread .

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I totally get that and I thought the premiere started off pretty well,with a bit of style and unusual characters but it ended up veering far too soon into the usual formulaic crap which TV hopes will pass for entertainment.
    I'm also a sucker for the sentimental stuff which is why I found the second episode sort of offensive as the promos made it look like it was going to be about the girl,Bo and the sick kid and it was almost entirely about running from the cops and that extremely lame assassin.Btw what happened to Sienna Guillory who was much,much,much better?

To tell the truth all the shows have some merit and potentially intriguing stories which is why I hate them all the more for their lack of ambition.
    Bad may be bad but wasted opportunity is downright criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stehle View Post
    I kind of like Believe (a definite Touch rip off)
    More Firestarter isn't it?Crisis is totally a Due Hard ripoff.

Words to the contrary, I want so much for something to succeed but it's almost always woulda,coulda,shoulda.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-17-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #292
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    ...I'm also a sucker for the sentimental stuff which is why I found the second episode sort of offensive as the promos made it look like it was going to be about the girl,Bo and the sick kid and it was almost entirely about running from the cops and that extremely lame assassin.

To tell the truth all the shows have some merit and potentially intriguing stories which is why I hate them all the more for their lack of ambition.
    Bad may be bad but wasted opportunity is downright criminal.

I kind of like Believe (a definite Touch rip off)
    More Firestarter isn't it?Crisis is totally a Due Hard ripoff.

Words to the contrary, I want so much for something to succeed but it's almost always woulda,coulda,shoulda.
    Okay thanks for the warning. (Haven't watched the 2nd episode yet.)

Yes, I can see the "Firestarter" scenario now... but you know how many of Stephen King's brilliant ideas grab me.

I will say this on the positive side though Season 3 of "Continuum" 1st episode grabbed me today! I long thought even my active scifi lusts couldn't resurrect that turd, but low and behold they deviated from their normal passe shoot'um up format to some thing that vaguely (...and I mean vaguely!) reminded me of the whole Dr Who premise of time travel, time paradoxes and meeting oneself in another time. "Correcting the time continuum" as it were... represented by a changing "tree of time stream hologram"... makes you have a brain, (albeit a small one, but a brain none the less!) but we will see! Followers or fans of the show should be pleased by the change.

As I remember scifi is not one of your genres of much enthusiasm, but one never knows what he future holds.

(...or can be changed to.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

3. Movies & TV   -   #293

As I remember scifi is not one of your genres of much enthusiasm, but one never knows what he future holds.

(...or can be changed to.)

I did a quick peruse of upcoming movies and this is the one that most caught my eye.

It's not so much that I dislike Science Fiction per se as I'd get rather the humanity of a situation and not the technology of a situation be the main focus.
    I even found reason to like Oblivion because of that and Lord knows it was no great movie.

4. Movies & TV   -   #294
    dion09529's Avatar Helter Skelter BT Rep: +1

I did a quick peruse of upcoming movies and this is the one that most caught my eye.

It's not so much that I dislike Science Fiction per se as I'd get rather the humanity of a situation and not the technology of a situation be the main focus.
    I even found reason to like Oblivion because of that and Lord knows it was no great movie.

Old shit was here. Now it's gone.

5. Movies & TV   -   #295
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    ...talking about turds... Dion you could fuck up a wet dream.

(...'nuff said.)

Thanks for the preview Idol!

(I'll put that down with Mr Mercedes on my June wish list.)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

6. Movies & TV   -   #296
    I've seen his house and I'm still not buying that Stephen King isn't some kind of futuristic writing computer capable of output far exceeding mortal man.

7. Movies & TV   -   #297
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?

2 seconds too many of Tom Cruise on my phone screen. I refused to watch any more of the trailer for whatever that was sinceI am that judgmental.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Movies & TV   -   #298

9. Movies & TV   -   #299
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    This was also found in Mary's possession...

team_katie_bib.jpg
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Movies & TV   -   #300
    Along with a 7 year old girl dressed in a Sailor Moon outfit.

There was also the remains of what policeman believe may have been an attempt at a confession which read "I only really like them small because by contrast my penis looks HUGE!!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-22-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast