Thread: In The Cut

Just finished watching {Łeech} B In.The.Cut-(1of2)-log.svcd.ts.mpg
    the whole thing including 2 of 2. A cam version I think, though not sure what a .ts. is.

Shoulda spent the time on Plan 9 or Glen or Glenda.

My guess? Of those who actually like it, there will be more women than men though it's not a chick flick of course.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    a ts stands for telesync...its recorded in a cinema but usually on an expensive camera and they should have a seperate audio source (so the audience cannot be heard), these are generally very good quality and highly watchable.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Wallace_Askew@18 November 2003 - 09:08
    a ts stands for telesync...its recorded in a cinema but usually on an expensive camera and they should have a seperate audio source (so the audience cannot be heard), these are generally very good quality and highly watchable.
    Good info. Was wondering what the difference between cam and telesync was.
    So in both cases, there's someone who snuck in with a camera and is shooting the screen? I didn't detect a separate audio track. Checked with VCL and BSPlayer.

I didn't hear the distraction from the audience like I did with Matrix Revolutions but I figured Campion probably attracts a different group anyway who don't tend to talk through a movie.

Would the camera operator in either cam or ts usually be someone who works at the theater? In the case of Revolutions, some people were passing in front of the camera to go to the john or to get popcorn.

Maybe I dreamed this but I vaguely remember there being a way of shooting the movie from behind the screen and then flipping the image?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by benitosan@18 November 2003 - 01:29
    Would the camera operator in either cam or ts usually be someone who works at the theater?
    cams are done from the audience area. telesync might be done from the projection booth in some cases. although if they've got that kind of connection (someone working in the theater), the ideal situation is to borrow the film and make a telecine-- directly transferring the film to video with a telecine machine (a very large, expensive piece of equipment found in film/video labs).

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@18 November 2003 - 10:05
    borrow the film and make a telecine-- directly transferring the film to video with a telecine machine (a very large, expensive piece of equipment found in film/video labs).
    Would this put telecine just about even with a the screener?
    Maybe even a bit above the screener since a telecine won't have the "for Academy consideration only" type of imprint on the image?

Should I get a hold of a telecine avi, is this where the "inverse telecine" option be enabled in Tmpgenc when encoding?