Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think torrent site staff should trade?

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    .ro

ok now i get it

There are no moralities in BT. This is just another fine example to reinforce this idea.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Sure, Where else would they steal releases from?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ExtraDry's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    2003 when I got in to BT, high standards were kept by staff and members
    Now seems these rules have relaxed some what, as so many sites out there fighting for members.Those that never open their doors open them even data bases are raped to get members
    Main point times are changes guess staff are now trading :-) ......As us old timers say" this kind of shit wouldn't have happened in my day"
    We shot peeps for less

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraDry View Post
    Now seems these rules have relaxed some what, as so many sites out there fighting for members.Those that never open their doors open them even data bases are raped to get members
    Main point times are changes guess staff are now trading :-) ......As us old timers say" this kind of shit wouldn't have happened in my day"
    We shot peeps for less
    Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues. Sure, there is more sites now than there ever used to be. But to be fair, these problems existed way before now.

/Then again, they never used to make it as public as the one the OP was talking about
    Last edited by kingeater; 05-19-2012 at 06:22 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    People running private trackers are supposed to be dumb by default right? I see nothing to be surprised of.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraDry View Post
    We shot peeps for less
    You must be thinking of a different BT than me, because from what I remember, trading used to be pretty common among staff members. You'd probably be surprised at some of the people that dabbled in it, not that most of them would admit to it now.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeater
    Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues.
    first off, this forum has been ran by douches for a long time, so we're all right at home here. second, there's always been staff account/invite trading drama since the rise of private trackers, (around 2001 or 2002?), only in the last few years it's been publicized yet blown way out of control

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeater
    Not to be a douche, but IIRC, there were some "scandals"/BT Drama a while back (08-09 ish) where there were BT staff trading for those "elite" site invites. Maybe I am imagining that, but I am pretty sure if you were persistent enough, you could dig up the old threads here (and elsewhere) with these same issues.
    first off, this forum has been ran by douches for a long time, so we're all right at home here. second, there's always been staff account/invite trading drama since the rise of private trackers, (around 2001 or 2002?), only in the last few years it's been publicized yet blown way out of control
    I appreciate your inflated opinion of your own intelligence.
    Respect my lack of authority.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05
    You must be thinking of a different BT than me, because from what I remember, trading used to be pretty common among staff members. You'd probably be surprised at some of the people that dabbled in it, not that most of them would admit to it now.
    This.

Lot of those non-trading community tracker staff members where trading back in days. It was ok thing to do. Things changed and silly anti-traders showed up (lot of them were traders ).
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 05-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05
    This.

Lot of those non-trading community tracker staff members where trading back in days. It was ok thing to do. Things changed and silly anti-traders showed up (lot of them were traders ).
    So the silly anti-traders turned up en-masse from where exactly and they changed everyones minds? Is that your recollection? And once the silly anti-traders turned up everyone went fuck we'd better be good now? Are you for real? If it was the staff's position that trading was OK and a whole lot of users turned up and said oh no that's terrible, then the staff would say piss off and probably ban them outright.

Every single tracker out there has a clause saying that invites are NOT to be traded. Some trackers enforce this more strictly than others, but that clause is still there to protect the tracker and it's members.

It's all very well tossing out these unfounded accusations, but during the times you are talking of there were two groups of tracker staff, the established ones who had been around for awhile and the wannabe's. Now the established trackers had nothing to prove, the staff all knew/know each other and there was no reason to trade, you simply asked.

There was however a second group, in a rush to prove that they were all that, they included some well known traders who started trackers that failed miserably in most part, but while they were sysops and admins they were busy talking smack and being the big heroes, banning left right and center, for trading on their own precious site (ironic ) cheating or even just badmouthing or perceiving to have badmouthed staff.
    There were many spectacular failures during this time, due to ego as much as anything else........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast