Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think torrent site staff should trade?

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I ask this question for the simple reason that there was a trade attempted here recently in this thread:https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...ondHD-Want-SCC . Now the trade was to be done by klax187 an admin of hd-bits. As an ex-staff member myself I find this particular abhorrent, but I also find it extremely hypocritical considering hd-bits stance on traders? They are severe and so as an admin level staff member klax187 would have been one of the team deciding the fate of many a members accounts while finding it perfectly reasonable to trade himself?

I have my own opinion on this subject, but I have not been around bt trackers for awhile, so am asking what you think about this subject and whether the general feeling about trading, and in particular whether this is wrong as a senior staff member?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    optimuscrime's Avatar Poster
    Of course. If you enforce a rule, you should follow it yourself. I doubt that many people disagree.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Like you Art I basically keep my nose clean of all the bt stuff so I don't know actually "how it is anymore " but twas a time that the sole motivation a large percentage of staff to become staff was to worm their way into certain other trackers.
    I don't see how a staffer openly admitting to the fact makes him a whole lot worse than that particular kind of quiet hypocrisy.
    That and for most people it's not a question of morality it's a question of what's currently in fashion.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Like you Art I basically keep my nose clean of all the bt stuff so I don't know actually "how it is anymore " but twas a time that the sole motivation a large percentage of staff to become staff was to worm their way into certain other trackers.
    I don't see how a staffer openly admitting to the fact makes him a whole lot worse than that particular kind of quiet hypocrisy.
    That and for most people it's not a question of morality it's a question of what's currently in fashion.
    A telling point is the LACK of posts in this thread, everyone keeping quiet like good little robots because this is about the staff of Hdbits.net. I find it interesting though that said staff member simply didn't ask one of the many fawning sycophants for an invite to anyone of 100 torrent sites including Shangri-law or anything else that is a. on the rare list (for the collector in bt users all) or b. simply took his fancy. I feel certain that there would have been a queue of users with invites outstretched looking to suck up.
    I find particular hypocrisy in that this user will have been reprimanding users for being traders, then banning him from his own site, while having an ambivalent attitude about trading in general, as long as it is not his site? Surely this morally flexible attitude is rather questionable in an administrator?
    Last edited by Artemis; 05-14-2012 at 09:36 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    HD-Bits.net.(ro) not HDbits.org
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    HD-Bits.net.(ro) not HDbits.org
    See I told you I was out of the game I didn't even know there was two sites with similar names, nor do I care. The premise stands, if an admin asked a user or even an fls or uploader on the site and said hook me up bro, they would be falling over themselves, he could go on the irc chan and ask and I guarantee he would have a flood of invites in five minutes flat.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    If it'll make you happy Arte, I'll say it.

Cheating staffers at HDBits.org can go fuck themselves
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    :earl:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    As an ex-staff member myself
    You were a staff member of hd-bits.ro?
    Last edited by OlegL; 05-15-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    What I do actually care about is if this site gets enough OlegL on a daily basis. Which I don't think we have been. But whether or not this piece of shit teenage admin from some tracker that I couldn't care any less about trades/cheats/touches his sister at night is of absolutely no concern of mine...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast