Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Proof that the Sports Club forum is pish

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Yesterday, one of the most ridiculous, unimaginable moments in sports took place when City won the title in the same manner United won the Champions League in 1999.. A last minute showdown. Simply amazing.

And yet not a single comment about it?

As a United fan I'm obviously gutted, but still, at least it went down to the wire. Exciting as hell. Did any of you watch it? I was actually at work so I missed the action, but reading about it afterwards was enough to get some shivers..

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I didn't want city to win it, but on balance they probably deserved to considering they paid enough money for it.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I commented on it in the 20p thread.
    That thread > Sportsworld.

And now I'm tearing up again because after spending all day avoiding the subject by steering clear of the internets and actually concentrating on work type work, I've had to think about it again.
    I've never been on the wrong end of such sudden sporting trauma before
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    Yesterday, one of the most ridiculous, unimaginable moments in sports took place when City won the title in the same manner United won the Champions League in 1999.. A last minute showdown. Simply amazing.

As a United fan I'm obviously gutted, but still, at least it went down to the wire. Exciting as hell. Did any of you watch it? I was actually at work so I missed the action, but reading about it afterwards was enough to get some shivers..
    Amazingly few people in North America follow English soccer,who'd have ever thunk it.If you foreign types would like to talk about the Stanley Cup play-offs or MLB or something like that I'd be happy to obliged though.

No I didn't think so.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I felt it was coming, but it was still shocking. Like when the Merkins re-elected Bush.
    Now go away.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Amazingly few people in North America follow English soccer,who'd have ever thunk it.If you foreign types would like to talk about the Stanley Cup play-offs or MLB or something like that I'd be happy to obliged though.

No I didn't think so.

Puntsphere. Penguin-boy.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    There aren't any penguins in the Northern hemisphere except in zoos.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

No I didn't think so.
    You mean that sport where the trophy awarded to the champions is bigger than the stadium it's lifted in, and that sport where there are more innings than runs scored in most of the games played..?

j/k, I actually love watching the NBA and the NFL when they're on (well, actually they are on all the time, but rarely at normal times over on our end of the globe). Wish I could be arsed to stay up to watch the playoffs but it simply won't happen.. ah well.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The thing with merkin sports is they are forever calling timeout? WTF, my attention span isn't up to it anymore and I find myself surfing off to other things that actually involve movement........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The thing with merkin sports is they are forever calling timeout? WTF, my attention span isn't up to it anymore and I find myself surfing off to other things that actually involve movement........
    In American football they spend more time picking themselves up off the ground than they spend running plays.If a play lasts longer than 7 seconds it's the football equivalent of a 40 point tie breaker in tennis. With Basketball the problem is in and of themselves almost every individual basket means nothing. And I only put in baseball as an example of a North American sport that everyone would probably be familiar with.What do "big fans" in baseball care about ,statistics.
    At least with hockey ,the play is meant to be as continuous as possible,goals are at enough of a premium that every one usually effects the outcome of the game and it's not so utterly boring that the people who watch it have had to come up with something else to do to pass the time.

Actually of the mass media sports I probably just as soon watch soccer as anything if not for the fact that they have a disturbing tendency to cheat and dive and like fuck and at least half of the time no one's even really trying to win the game.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast