Thread: Isa Network

99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How can you set ISA Server to permit all Internet access unlimited?
    Allow my users to access the internet unlimited even if they are using
    Instant Messaging like yahoo, chika, icq, msn messenger etc. Does ISA support SOCKS. Is that automatically enabled? Do i have to change all the ports to ISA?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    If you want unlimited access then there really is no need to use isa server.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    even if there was more than 1 user?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    ISA is all about not allowing unlimited access. Why would you install it otherwise? I don't know if you have to reinstall to reconfigure it for all the crap you want or if you can do that through the snapin later. I really don't want to know anyway lol. Adding Yahoo and MSN to a secure server environment just isn't right.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by DL.@18 November 2003 - 15:17
    ISA is all about not allowing unlimited access. Why would you install it otherwise? I don't know if you have to reinstall to reconfigure it for all the crap you want or if you can do that through the snapin later. I really don't want to know anyway lol. Adding Yahoo and MSN to a secure server environment just isn't right.
    No its not right and both thoose programs have security flaws anyway. Thats why they wouldnt work well with ISA server.

They do however, have a yahoo enterpise edition of meesenger thats suppose to be pretty good for people or companies that have things like ISA server running on their networks.