Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't post anything with my older userid

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Firefox 12.0 here will try IE but I really, really loathe Internet Exploder......

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Firefox 12.0 here will try IE but I really, really loathe Internet Exploder......
    I put gloves on before using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Did you try hitting the refresh button while on the page with teh broken editor?
    There was a bug, fixed last weekend, that caused this to happen, and your browser could be still caching an old version of the bugged JS file.

I just tested Chrome with the Standard and WYSIWYG editor and both worked fine.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Did you try hitting the refresh button while on the page with teh broken editor?
    There was a bug, fixed last weekend, that caused this to happen, and your browser could be still caching an old version of the bugged JS file.

I just tested Chrome with the Standard and WYSIWYG editor and both worked fine.
    I just opened a fresh page with the WYSIWYG editor, and had the same non-working text box. I refreshed via the browser icon, and still had no change. I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.

How up-to-date does my Javascript plugin need to be?
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.
    Try Ctrl+F5. That should force your browser to ignore the cache and download a new copy of everything (unless you're on Opera, which nastily refreshes all tabs instead).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I hit F5, and got the same non-working result.
    Try Ctrl+F5. That should force your browser to ignore the cache and download a new copy of everything (unless you're on Opera, which nastily refreshes all tabs instead).
    Earlier, I updated Java. I checked before and after restarting, and still couldn't comment.

Also tried Ctrl+F5, on your recommendation, and still not working.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Earlier, I updated Java. I checked before and after restarting, and still couldn't comment.
    Java and JavaScript are different things. The names are similar because when JS was created, it was meant to quickly do tasks Java would be just too cumbersome to load and execute (therefore making a bad tradeoff), but other than that they're completely different.

Since Ctrl+F5 didn't work, the only other recommendation I'd have is deleting your browser's cache.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Java and JavaScript are different things. The names are similar because when JS was created, it was meant to quickly do tasks Java would be just too cumbersome to load and execute (therefore making a bad tradeoff), but other than that they're completely different.

Since Ctrl+F5 didn't work, the only other recommendation I'd have is deleting your browser's cache.
    Just tried that. No luck.

Am I the only one still having a problem? Did Art get it sorted out?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Press ctrl+shift+j, click on Console, do you see any error(s) there?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Press ctrl+shift+j, click on Console, do you see any error(s) there?
    Yes, I get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of null

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast