Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Torrent sites with movies in .mp4 format?

username-'s Avatar Poster
    I use an older PC (Running Win7) to stream all my downloads from my main computer to my TV. Since it's an older PC (video card) it hates MKV and it gets pixelated/lags. Anyone have a suggestion as far as a program that'll convert to AVI with ease?

Of course, google- but I'm hoping someone here has 1st hand experience, and can suggest a specific program they like.

Thanks in advance.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    download .avi ?
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by username- View Post
    I use an older PC (Running Win7) to stream all my downloads from my main computer to my TV. Since it's an older PC (video card) it hates MKV and it gets pixelated/lags. Anyone have a suggestion as far as a program that'll convert to AVI with ease?

Of course, google- but I'm hoping someone here has 1st hand experience, and can suggest a specific program they like.

Thanks in advance.
    try anyvideoconverter pro
    best one out there

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    download .avi ?
    I should have included in my post when AVI is not an option. I assumed most would realize what I meant. I apologize if I confused you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblue View Post

Thanks in advance.
    try anyvideoconverter pro
    best one out there
    Thanks. I'm not finding a pro version but will search.

EDIT: Found- Any Video Converter Ultimate 4.3.7- thanks again!
    Last edited by username-; 05-18-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Spaces n stuff

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I should have included in my post when AVI is not an option. I assumed most would realize what I meant. I apologize if I confused you.
    i'd be curious to see some examples where AVI is not an option.

anyway, you don't need to convert anything in most cases (except audio); all you have to do is change mkv container to avi.
    i tried doing it for a x264.ogg.mkv using Avidemux and it worked like a charm. i just had to convert the .ogg audio track to .mp3 (for some reason, avi container doesn't support ogg) then select AVI and save it to my hdd. it took literally 1 minute for a 300mb file.

Last edited by cinephilia; 05-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Hey cine, could you post a screenshot/tutorial to convert .avi to .mp4 using avidemux?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    How are about the other way around MKV or MP4 to .avi format ?
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    i'd be curious to see some examples where AVI is not an option.

anyway, you don't need to convert anything in most cases (except audio); all you have to do is change mkv container to avi.
    i tried doing it for a x264.ogg.mkv using Avidemux and it worked like a charm. i just had to convert the .ogg audio track to .mp3 (for some reason, avi container doesn't support ogg) then select AVI and save it to my hdd. it took literally 1 minute for a 300mb file.
    Ok cool. Thanks for that.

Well if you're on BTN, Family guy S10E20 and S10E21 are only offered as MKV's. Though I was able to find AVI on IPT after searching just now.
    It was also because I have heard that AVI will soon be a thing of the past. I have a computer hooked up to every TV we have and I wouldn't want to have to upgrade all of them just to stream.
    Thanks again.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Hey cine, could you post a screenshot/tutorial to convert .avi to .mp4 using avidemux?
    easy as pie. lets take a random 700mb xvid release. launch avidemux and open your .avi. there are chances you get the following messages; always tick 'yes.'

avidemux1.jpg
    avidemux2.jpg

then you just have to select mp4 container and save the file as .mp4 to your hardrive

avidemux3.jpg
    avidemux4.jpg
    avidemux5.jpg

you're done. took me less than 20 seconds for a 700mb release.

Thanks again.
    you're welcome.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Cine, I've been looking for an easy tool to convert to .mp4 for days on end with no luck. All I got was Handbrake/Airvideo to stream. THIS is EXACTLY what I wanted. Many thanks that was indeed easy as pie!

BTW is it possible to do batch conversion with this tool? Like converting an entire .avi TV season to .mp4 in one go?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast