Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Your Life Was Turning Into Shit

Aberrant
    Originally posted by dwightfry@18 November 2003 - 10:38
    I live in Fargo, ND

Winters SUCK

snow, wind, and below zero temps. There is no 'parole'.

But yer hardly "confined to one room" for the duration.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'd walk into Tesco's and start eating stuff from of the shelves (something I've always wanted to do) and when the security guard would ask me to stop I'd beat the shit out of him (he's a little fella, I could take him ). I'd then pull out a convincing looking toy gun and rob the place. I'd use the money to buy a boat and I'd live on it until/if I was found by the authorities.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Offtopic, don't mind: I like winter, theres nothing better to see fresh snow in the ground, go skii'ing and other shit. BTW i live in Lapland Finland so the winters in here are pretty harsh: 1m of snow, -30 celsiusdegrees and 20m/s wind

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    What would you do if everything turned to shit for you ??

I like shit(=pot). That would be my dream come true!!!

BillyDean likes to stir it(the reglar shit....), so he will have ball too.

ShitSmokingYogi

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by von_Cannon@18 November 2003 - 10:44
    theres nothing better to see fresh snow in the ground
    Snow's fine an' dandy.... till you need to drive somewhere.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by von_Cannon@18 November 2003 - 09:44
    Offtopic, don't mind: I like winter, theres nothing better to see fresh snow in the ground, go skii'ing and other shit. BTW i live in Lapland Finland so the winters in here are pretty harsh: 1m of snow, -30 celsiusdegrees and 20m/s wind 
    That sounds like fargo.

We can easily see 3 feet of snow (in fact, this weekend we are supposed to have a huge storm that may get up to 2 feet of snow)

-22 (-30 celsius) farenheit is very common

I can't say I know how you measure wind speed, we go by miles per hour, but 40 - 60 mph wind happens on a regular basis.

So seeing as you obviously know how bad winters can get, it leaves me wondering, "HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU ENJOY SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE!!!!"
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

7. Lounge   -   #17
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by von_Cannon@18 November 2003 - 15:44
    where i live we get about an inch of crappy snow that gets turned brown and makes you feel sick looking at it.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    I wud...er...be doing what i am doing right now
    ...............make websites !

9. Lounge   -   #19
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    become a corrupt vigilante, who's not afraid to take a bribe
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Lounge   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by dwightfry+18 November 2003 - 11:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dwightfry &#064; 18 November 2003 - 11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-von_Cannon@18 November 2003 - 09:44
    Offtopic, don&#39;t mind: I like winter, theres nothing better to see fresh snow in the ground, go skii&#39;ing and other shit. BTW i live in Lapland Finland so the winters in here are pretty harsh: 1m of snow, -30 celsiusdegrees and 20m/s wind
    That sounds like fargo.

We can easily see 3 feet of snow (in fact, this weekend we are supposed to have a huge storm that may get up to 2 feet of snow)

-22 (-30 celsius) farenheit is very common

I can&#39;t say I know how you measure wind speed, we go by miles per hour, but 40 - 60 mph wind happens on a regular basis.

So seeing as you obviously know how bad winters can get, it leaves me wondering, "HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU ENJOY SOMETHING SO HORRIBLE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" [/b][/quote]
    Sounds like great fun, Renfield.

I live in a place with (latitudinally) temperate weather, at least since the last El Nino/La Nina cycle.

Of the two winters preceding the cycle, the first was a bit cold; we had a three-month stretch when the temp didn&#39;t get above zero-the middle month (I believe it was December) temps didn&#39;t rise above 25F below&#33;

The second year was kinda cold, too, but we had 9 months of snow and 440 inches of snowfall.

Windy here, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast