Thread: BT download "que"

megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I use uTorrent, and find myself often finding several shows I want to grab all at the same time. This is usually when time is tight, like right before we are all going to bed, and my wife is willing to stay up to watch one show.

So, I want to download that show at full speed, and have my other torrents download as soon as that one finishes. We can watch that show together, then I can watch the others that have finished while I was upstairs.

Is this possible? Is there a trick, or plug-in type thing available?

Thanks,

MBM
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Intuitively, the answer is to set the max number of active downloads to one.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Yeah what manker said, and you can decide the order by right clicking and selecting "move up queue" or "move down queue" where the number in the "#" column depicts the priority.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Intuitively, the answer is to set the max number of active downloads to one.
    That makes sense!

Thank you.

---------------------

@macky: I do usually set priorities, but that shares the bandwidth between multiple files. Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.
    I see, you just need a longer belt.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Ultimately, there may only be a couple minutes of difference, but my wife gets pretty stressed about staying up late. Sometimes the difference between her watching a show with me, and crashing can come down to that.
    I see, you just need a longer belt.
    My pimp hand ain't wat it used to be...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    What's this "que" you speak of
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DrParker's Avatar Pro Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    he mean "queue" of course

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DrParker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    he mean "queue" of course
    Thank you. When I wrote the post, my head was in such a fog from a nasty head cold that I actually forgot to finalize it. I found it still sitting on the desktop when I came back downstairs. If I only blundered one word, I exceeded my own personal expectations by a long shot. Actually happy I was understood by anyone.