Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaningful Conversations With A Black Person.

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Are there any? Do they exist? The closest I ever came to friendship with a black person was when I paid his wages wrong and he was decent enough to be charming about it.

Post your meaningful conversations with black people here. Indeed, if you're, in fact, black, post something meaningful so as I can converse with you.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    We have lots of brown people here, does that count?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    We have lots of brown people here, does that count?
    Racist.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I was working in an industrial plant that took scrap pieces of alder wood, and joined them together to make panels for high-end furniture. While there, I met a former gang member from Chicago. He had left the area wanting to get away from that life, and moved to one of the whitest areas in the country.

We got to talking between shifts, after work, etc. and ultimately decided to grab some beers after work. Our shift ended at midnight, and the bars close at two. It was just long enough to drink a couple pitchers, shoot some pool, and got to know each other. One night, he poured a little bit of his drink on the floor, and paused. He said, "You know what that's for?" I said, "Yes. That's called 'tippin'. It is for all your dead homies who can't be with us now." Surprised, he asked further. "Do you do that, too?" I responded, "No. I'm white and live here. We don't have any dead homies." We were good enough friends at the time that he didn't pound my head into pulp for making the joke.

The guy was about 5' 8" and about 235lbs. Built like a pitbull, and had one eye that had gotten shot out while he was walking through a public park. He was a very good guy to those he trusted. Those on the outside, didn't fair as well..

I had been promoted to a glue press machine. The 6-7 man crew had been working together for quite some time, and the guy who ran the machine had a piece of shit brother (go figure, right?) working with him. The majority of the guys were fine (a little bit of first-week hazing), but the operator's brother felt he held a position of power, and rode my ass (without any kind of actual authority) for a couple of days. While walking out of the plant, my black friend noticed I was a bit down. I mentioned that the guy had been a dick. He asked what he had said to me. That is the sum of what I said, too. I certainly wasn't expecting the kind of reaction it provoked...

My friend marched a straight line to the guy who had been hassling me. From about an inch and a half in front of this guy's face, screaming at the top of his lungs, and looking like he was ready to rip the guy's arms off and beat him to death with them. This was in front of the entire shift as it was headed out the doors. He kept screaming, "Scrape the PLATE. Scrape the PLATE. Scrape the PLATE!" The guy truly looked like he was going to cry and piss himself in front of the crowd. In an effort to get away, they guy pushed one of my friend's hands out of his face. With that, the screaming changed from "Scrape the PLATE" to "You ALL saw it. He touched me. NOW I GET TO FUCK HIM UP!!!"

Needless to say, the glue machine was considerably less hostile towards me from that day on..

I'm not suggesting this is the kind of guy you'd have at every family function/wedding/Large Christmas meal, etc., but he was not a stupid man, he was a survivor. I believe his environment had a lot to do with that. I admire him fro expressing true friendship in the form of stepping up immediately (even before I knew there was a "problem".

My friend ultimately decided that he could not stand to stay away from his kids anymore. He loaded up all of a mistress' belongings (including her son) in the front of a UHaul that had not been seen in over 4 hours. The mistress came over a couple times that afternoon with no luck.

He had stopped by my place as kind of a "are you a real friend", or what? I just bullshitted with him about more people dye in car crashed than are killed via gunshot. We parted on good terms, and none of my stereo equipment, televisions, computers disappeared.

He may have done others a lot of wrong, (He seemed proud that [he] ain't never kilt nobody.) For me, personally, that crosses the normal line between cultures. At that point, my skin color did not matter, and I was as protected as a brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I have always enjoy'd the company of my own race, Rather then any other.I feel like we know how treat and act comforting towards each other.With similar upbringings and situations, I feel it's more about that then some bullshit factor like skin color or something else.

Growing up I really only had friends that were of the same heritage.I guess I felt like others don't know about boundaries or at least had different ones.Blacks seems to get rowdy And loud when in the majority.This was the case in most of my schools.For awhile during these years I didn't care for their company.They were just too fucking loud for my tastes.

After that the demographics changed.Whites were in the majority at school.I felt so out of place and I hated the living fuck out of it.At least with the blacks I felt some kind of connection.Maybe it was more of a high school thing but I felt like they made their communities and closed the door to them just like their neighborhoods.In the classrooms I could feel their dislike.Ive never been hassled by any white person but I could see their two faced personalitys.
    Just look at the Internet.Here whites have the majority and you see their real side.Their still racists fucks.That why I've warmed up to black people in adult hood.Now I would say about half of my friends are black.They're actually really cool people When you don't have twenty of them around.Some used to sell me weed, Some I drink with and holla at.Ive even had a black girlfriend Once.All we ever did was kiss and fondle but she was cool as fuck.none of that ghetto slang bullshit.Give them a chance, They are really honest people.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    OP, are you implying that you rarely had meaningful conversations with black people? If that's what you are implying, then you need to realize that no matter what color our skin has, all of us are homo sapiens. It means that we are more alike than we are different. Therefore, it is possible to have meaningful conversations with anyone whose skin color is different from ours.
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I said to him "that's all the money I'm carrying, but you can use the credit for a few days. I'll wait before I report it missing, just please don't shoot me".

Not really, I've never been robbed at gunpoint. But you might as well have asked me about meaningful conversations with a white person, I wouldn't bother with the trouble of singling one out unless it was a theme that narrowed it down plenty for me.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Are there any? Do they exist? The closest I ever came to friendship with a black person was when I paid his wages wrong and he was decent enough to be charming about it.

Post your meaningful conversations with black people here. Indeed, if you're, in fact, black, post something meaningful so as I can converse with you.
    Well you are from Scotland innit? You probably don't get to meet many people who weren't born there.
    I was/am/may again be seeing a black dude; came over from Zimbabwe via the US. There's not many people I could talk to for 6 hours straight. In fact, there's only been him and one other person. He has a very peculiar way of making you doubt yourself just by asking questions, and it's the thing I find most attractive in him. Nothing escapes him, he remembers everything, and I'm proud that despite his mental searching of me I have never lied to him once and so he has never managed to 'catch me out' with one of his sly mental tricks. I've never known a man to talk and listen as much as does, it doesn't seem quite normal. He is also absolutely stacked physically

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    MBM's cool Bukowski-style story
    Noice

9. Lounge   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Well you are from Scotland innit? You probably don't get to meet many people who weren't born there.
    I was/am/may again be seeing a black dude; came over from Zimbabwe via the US. There's not many people I could talk to for 6 hours straight. In fact, there's only been him and one other person. He has a very peculiar way of making you doubt yourself just by asking questions, and it's the thing I find most attractive in him. Nothing escapes him, he remembers everything, and I'm proud that despite his mental searching of me I have never lied to him once and so he has never managed to 'catch me out' with one of his sly mental tricks. I've never known a man to talk and listen as much as does, it doesn't seem quite normal. He is also absolutely stacked physically
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueamsMeaningful Convo w/ blackman
    MmMy MMgawmd mmyourm mmcockMM mis MMMhugem. MI mknow tmhis midiot mamed mmmDave mwho mcan mget mus mlots mof moneym mfor mlike mthe mext ffivem myears. MmHe'llm mever migure manything mout, mneither! *
    *Translated
    Last edited by megabyteme; 05-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Have you taken all this weeks meds by accident again meg?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast