Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Online

Retired
    http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/index.php

Will this screw the trilogy???

Overview
    In 2004, the Matrix will become a reality as gamers everywhere log into The Matrix Online to continue the saga of the Matrix movie trilogy.

Players of The Matrix Online (Mx0) will inhabit an enormous urban sprawl, which spreads for miles in all directions. There are subways, nightclubs, skyscrapers, and dark alleys that all seem normal on the surface, but beneath this pedestrian exterior, a secret war is being waged for the survival of humanity and machine alike. Here, you and many operatives like yourself, will determine who shall inherit the earth.

Gameplay Highlights
    Dozens of weapons and dramatic martial arts maneuvers that capture the "wire fu" Matrix experience. Use devastating special moves and sneak attacks including breath-taking bullet-time effects that are intelligently generated based on player moves and tactics.
    Plot lines by the creators of The Matrix continue the Matrix story where the movie trilogy leaves off and provide you with deep insight into the world of the Matrix.
    The Matrix Online will engage you with special events, missions, and monthly story cinematics, all of which effect the action in the game.
    A full Rich World cityscape environment with traffic, living neighborhoods and breathtaking skylines that immerse players in the most authentic Matrix MegaCity ever created (Using Lithtechs' RichWorld technology™).
    A robust mission system designed for maximum re-playability and depth. Players receive missions from familiar organizations in the Matrix, such as Zion and the Machines.
    Authentic "Matrix style" clothing and character customization options allow players to live a virtual life that reflects the fashion of the Matrix movies.
    Find, create, or trade Matrix "ability code" that provides incredible knowledge and skill to your character. Unlike other massively multiplayer games, ability code can be swapped out and exchanged like trading cards, providing unprecedented flexibility in the development of a character.
    Players can tap into sources of "information" in the game to create or steal code fragments. Code can be used to create both special Matrix items and special abilities.

2. Games   -   #2
    Debaser
    Wow it sounds pretty cool.

Did you read the FAQ where they answer the question "Can I be Neo?" the uhh answer is kind of vauge don't you think? I'm starting to wonder if this is how they plan on bringing back Neo, since we all know Neo isn't dead, he's like all the comic book superheros who get killed a hundred times and come back a hundred times, they just can't let go. And since the Wachowski's loooooove video games, why not do it that way? easier then spending tons of more money on another sequel.

3. Games   -   #3
    Retired
    Maybe only 1 person who will buy it will be the ONE

4. Games   -   #4
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I think that will be good too.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    will it b like star wars rpg where u have to pay monthly?

6. Games   -   #6
    BANNED
    Will this screw the trilogy???
    matrix isnt just a trilogy...its a story told thru different media (movies, game, comics, etc.) so it couldnt ruin it....it just adds up

will it b like star wars rpg where u have to pay monthly?
    im like 95% sure of this.... since its all online....

Did you read the FAQ where they answer the question "Can I be Neo?" the uhh answer is kind of vauge don't you think?
    not vague cuz you will actually be able to ask the oracle

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    they are so gonna rip you off with the monthly cost on that game...

8. Games   -   #8
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I would'nt mind paying if the price is right but if the monthly fees too high they can go kiss my buttocks.
    Does anyone know what the monthly fee was for Star Wars?

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    I'm pretty sure it's $13, like most other MMOGs today.

10. Games   -   #10
    BANNED
    yea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast