Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Michael Jackson

Poster
    dwightfry:U bring out some very good points...We live in a sexual orientated world...When he said that children sleep in his bed I bet all of us immediately think about sex..But why on earth would a pedophile admit that?He is just beeing open about it.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    Originally posted by bigboab@28 November 2003 - 13:44
    One of the most disturbing thing about this case is the Social Services are talking about taking Jacksons kids into care for their own protection. Now that is what I call irony.
    yeah, but look who's behind that-- Gloria Allred. she's the biggest publicity-whore in the legal business. she claims to be concerned with women & children's rights, but above all i think she just enjoys being on TV. if you watch CourtTV for any period of time, she'll eventually pop up as a guest on one of their shows to publicly condemn someone like Kobe Bryant before the facts are in.

or consider this ridiculous attempt she made to create controversy about Beatles guitarist George Harrison's death certificate-- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...ic/1710816.stm

maybe she actually does some good work, but that doesn't excuse her from being one of america's best examples of a lawyer-as-parasite. basically if she can figure out a way to stick her nose into a celebrity's business and get her name attached to it, no matter how low she has to stoop, she'll do it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    3RA1N1AC-

I agree wholeheartedly about the lawyers.

Gloria is historically one of the very worst, but Cochran, Garegos, Feiger, et.al. are right in the mix.

I guess the bucks are large enough compensation for having to say such nonsensical and outrageous things in front of cameras.

At least she's softened her look, prior to her current case she looked an absolute harridan.

REALLY fuckin' scary.

BTW: Did you know Geoffrey Feiger's brother is Doug Feiger, of "The Knack"?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    My,my, my, MY SHARONNA!

oh. my.

I think we are all in for a classic exemplar of the American legal system at work.
    The best and the worst all rolled up together.

What can be admitted as evidence.
    What can be legally proven.

and most importantly...

What kind of mood the jury is in.

Juries of late seem to have a stupifying ability to discard the obvious and rule based on a rich fantasy life or something....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    Yup.

I think this is one of the reasons we all feel compelled to comment; no telling what a jury will do.

Can you imagine the voire dire?

It would take them a year to seat a jury, and it would be a defective jury, at that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    Don't you think ShockandAwe needs to weigh in on the whole Gloria Allred business?

Did that boy fall off a cliff or what?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    A very good question.

-Mark Twain

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112