Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Kazaa Users Don't Share Much

Poster
    "Some" new users can share, I have a huge CD collection but I couldn't tell you how to go about converting them to MP3 files, I share what I download as I'm sure lot of other new users do.

This is a message I just sent to someone (first person I messaged) and their reply, what gives me the right to call them a liar and a leech?

simonl'empereur@KaZaA:
    i just begin to use kazaa and i have only a file called simcity 4 but it doesn't work so i don't share sorry, but if i have anything i can't help you. Can you help me to use kazaa????Thx
    --------
    mrcall1969@KaZaA:
    why arent you sharing any files??? are you leeching?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Forum Star
    I would call someone that is sharing 5 movies not a leecher. But with 5 mp3 files I would.

Also people who share only a few files may also just download a few files.

But nonetheless, 40% is quite much.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    40% is high, but if I "surveyed" 169 users the results that I may get could differ dramatically from this survey.

I am only sharing 8 mp3s, 1 image and 3 pieces of software, am I a leech?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    imported_computerfreak76
    ok this will probably piss off all of you that use 56k but i have my kazap set to kill uploads slower than 4.50 kb/s. i do this because i share a few hundred adult videos and movies and i want the faster connections to get these distributed as much as possible.

i look at it like why leave someone else queued that can download the file much faster and them having to wait hours for a little 2.0 kb/s uploader.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Mr C

No, it is your intention to share and you are building up the folder as you go along.

I take it you don't have a CD burner either. I copy my stuff to CD, so even when I re-install I could place the files back in the folder. Indeed as I store the shared folder on a partition other than C I can do a full install and still have all of the shared files.

Cheers

JimF

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Taken from the CNN story -

Download.com distributes about 14 million copies of Kazaa software each month. At a typical moment, about 4 million Kazaa users are sharing some 800 million files -- movies, pictures, songs and more. Most are unauthorized.

14,000,000 per month could be approximately 450,000 new users per day.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i'm not sure how accurate that is out of thoses 169 users u could of had bad luck and had a bunch of leechers connect! That could happen alot and other time u might get lots of people that are shareing tons it not very accurate 169 out of 4 1/2 million people! Also I'm 56k and u could say im just starting i only have 126 some files and i've been using kazaa for about 3 to 4 months now it takes awhile to build my collection!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@10 February 2003 - 21:38
    14,000,000 per month could be approximately 450,000 new users per day.
    You don't really belive there are 14mil new users every month do you? Then you must believe "Over 185 million Kazaa Media Desktops downloaded so far" = 185 million Kazaa users in the world.

A lot of people have downloaded Kazaa much more than once.

9. File Sharing   -   #19

i'm not sure how accurate that is out of thoses 169 users u could of had bad luck and had a bunch of leechers connect!  That could happen alot and other time u might get lots of people that are shareing tons it not very accurate 169 out of 4 1/2 million people!
    I never claimed it to be accurate. Obviously 169 users isn't enough, that's why I said I consider writing a tool that will count users for maybe 24 hours. But I'm sure the result will be about the same +/- 5-10%.

Also I'm 56k and u could say im just starting i only have 126 some files and i've been using kazaa for about 3 to 4 months now it takes awhile to build my collection!!!!
    Were you offended by all the leechers?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@10 February 2003 - 15:25
    I would call someone that is sharing 5 movies not a leecher. But with 5 mp3 files I would.

Also people who share only a few files may also just download a few files.

But nonetheless, 40% is quite much.
    If they are not sharing at least 100 MP3 files I usually ban them on SoulSeek or WinMX,about to bump that up to 500.But I never check if somebody is sharing when I rarely use Kazaa...Too much trouble.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast