Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoofing An Ip Address?

Poster
    I was reading on Tech news that some hacker "spoofed" their IP address. I am new in the computer world and was wondering what that meant?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Making it look like you have a different ip adress
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    i dunno

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by h121589@19 November 2003 - 00:47
    i dunno
    most useless post i have ever had the misfortune to read.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Him@19 November 2003 - 00:56
    most useless post i have ever had the misfortune to read.
    yes, yours was much more informative -

as keikan posted, spoofing makes the hacked computer think that the hackers computer has a trusted ip address, allowing access.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    as keikan posted, spoofing makes the hacked computer think that the hackers computer has a trusted ip address, allowing access.
    your half way there but the access to the target would have been blind with a spoofed adress.

spoofing means that you fake an adress. it is impossible to start any kinda connection with a remote machine with a spoofed adress as the three way handshake is impossible.

the original dos attack was to use a unreal spoofed adress to send syn packets to a machine untill you used up all the possible connections on the machine.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 4play@19 November 2003 - 02:44
    your half way there but the access to the target would have been blind with a spoofed adress.

spoofing means that you fake an adress. it is impossible to start any kinda connection with a remote machine with a spoofed adress as the three way handshake is impossible.

the original dos attack was to use a unreal spoofed adress to send syn packets to a machine untill you used up all the possible connections on the machine.
    Is that the same as using IP adresses to gain access to sites with passwotd protection - making the site think you are allready logged on ?? Excuse my ignorance on this, but i seem to have read that somewhere and i believe there is software to accomplish this.

Peace
    UKMan

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Can spoofing an address be used to surf anonymously ?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by ugc@19 November 2003 - 15:35
    6. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2dat quicklinks and hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, therefore allowed.
    ip spoofing is a form of hacking. if you wanna discuss it further, do it outside this forum. However i will anwer ur question reguarding surfing the web anonymously. Proxy servers are used to maintain ur privacy on the internet, it acts as a middleman between you and the server that you are requesting information from. From the server side, it looks like only the middle man (proxy server) is requesting info not you.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+19 November 2003 - 17:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 19 November 2003 - 17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ugc@19 November 2003 - 15:35
    6. Posts that contain direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, warez sites, and hacking sites are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly related to any of this information will be edited. Hacking discussions are strictly prohibited within the forum. Sig2dat quicklinks and hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, therefore allowed.
    ip spoofing is a form of hacking. if you wanna discuss it further, do it outside this forum. However i will anwer ur question reguarding surfing the web anonymously. Proxy servers are used to maintain ur privacy on the internet, it acts as a middleman between you and the server that you are requesting information from. From the server side, it looks like only the middle man (proxy server) is requesting info not you. [/b][/quote]
    Dont get ya knickers in a twist&#33;

All that was required was a short explanation about what it is, no-one asked HOW. We know the rules too, dont go acting high and mighty about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast