Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegetarianism

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by bigboab@19 November 2003 - 01:23
    Are you sure Darth. Think of the sex life.
    Since you put it that way, I'll take a Veggie Burger, please.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am sitting here eating a roast beef sandwich and mustard. Do I feel guilty? Yes. Those poor little mustard spores will never be able to grow up. Woe is me, I will have to stop(There is a joke in there somewhere ).
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I am eating toasted sandwiches with roast beef, eggs and cheese. Its so damn nice you should try it.

[SARCASM]
    I am also eating an apple. Man i feel so bad for the apple. That was a living thing to.

The apple didnt even have a chance when i was plucked from the tree.

OMG!! i am breathing in air that could contain microscopic organisms the poor things are dying [/SARCASM]

4. Lounge   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by neattairoski@19 November 2003 - 01:01
    I am eating toasted sandwiches with roast beef, eggs and cheese. Its so damn nice you should try it.

[SARCASM]
    I am also eating an apple. Man i feel so bad for the apple. That was a living thing to.

OMG!! i am breathing in air that could contain microscopic organisms the poor things are dying [/SARCASM]
    Leave off the apple side of this. That is used to produce a liquid for purely medicinal purposes.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by neattairoski@19 November 2003 - 02:01

[SARCASM]

Are you being sarcastic at all.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 November 2003 - 02:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 November 2003 - 02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neattairoski@19 November 2003 - 02:01

[SARCASM]
    I am also eating an apple. Man i feel so bad for the apple. That was a living thing to.&nbsp;

OMG&#33;&#33; i am breathing in air that could contain microscopic organisms&nbsp; the poor things are dying&nbsp; [/SARCASM]
    Are you being sarcastic at all. [/b][/quote]

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 November 2003 - 01:03
    1: Is this the next evolution of humanity ?

2: Have we evolved beyond our need to consume other living creatures in order to survive. If so, do we continue to kill and consume merely because we enjoy it.

3: Are we in fact just slaves to our more base instincts, when we could continue to thrive, without murdering other animals for our own survival.

4: Or has our conscience evolved faster than our physiology. In which case we feel bad about living on the flesh of other creatures, whilst still physically needing to consume them.
    1: I believe we are turning full circle. I honestly believe we were veggies from the very start.

2: Its economics now - nothing to do with enjoyment. We have evolved the world around us so that now we are partially dependent upon meat.

3: Yes.

4: Some peoples consciences have woken up.

Excuse my bad attempt to answer, but someone had to do it.

Peace
    UKMan

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I like PorterHouse Vegetarian.

I posted the recipe before, so no need to repost.

Just replace the beef by a vegetarian.

IEatVegetariansForBreakfast-Yogi

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 November 2003 - 00:03
    Or has our conscience evolved faster than our physiology. In which case we feel bad about living on the flesh of other creatures, whilst still physically needing to consume them.
    Well, I think my existence gives you your answer. If humans physically need to consume the flesh of other living creatures, then it must be impossible for me to still be alive and healthy in mind and body, as I have never eaten any meat at all.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I believe that people do, in fact, eat meat through enjoyment; however it is a misplaced enjoyment to a degree. I ate meat until a few years back; since stopping, i have found myself eating a lot more healthily-more fruit and veg and also i have discovered a love of flavours. most people refer to quorn and to vegetable burgers as "vegetarian shite", but without having sampled it.

I think that UK raises a good point about the economics of the meat industry-there are so many jobs associated with the industry, from farmers throught to butchers and even MacDonalds staff. - these people could evolve their jobs; however it would be a long and drawn out process in order to get there.

lol, yesterday i felt real mean and i had strak 4 lunch, so i found my vegitarian friend and ate slabs of juicy steak right infront of her.
    this probably wouldnt have bothered your friend a great deal - i know it wouldnt me; i dont like the idea of animals being slaughtered, but its a persons own choice.
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast