Thread: .wma Files (funky Capricorn?)

Poster
    Ok, I know you're really into music, Funky Capricorn, so I thought you might know this...

I downloaded a WMA that was about 1.15MB, it was a full song, and it sounded as good as a 4MB MP3 file...

So is the compression to quality loss just much better on WMA's than MP3's?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    WMA is a bigger file,of course its going to sound better...but look at the size .MP3 sounds just as good as WMA its just much smaller.I only download 160 bitrate or higher...unless its something rare...and even then I run it throuigh EncSpot.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    well i dnt like wmas. when i use winamp 3 they buffer and u cant edit their tags. the size is only advantage as they keep quality. mite b just me though

4. Lounge   -   #4
    jetje's Avatar former star
    stick to mp3. WMA can be good quality though.
    Reasons to stay to mp3:
    wma is from microsoft you know they will put a limit somewhere on it as soon they've taken over the market. (they actually already can do things for copyrighted material)
    mp3 is a big standard nowadays, there are far more mp3's out there as wma.

although WMA files are smaller i like the sound from an mp3 file more. Think the encoding is nicer.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@9 February 2003 - 02:57
    WMA is a bigger file,of course its going to sound better...but look at the size .MP3 sounds just as good as WMA its just much smaller.I only download 160 bitrate or higher...unless its something rare...and even then I run it throuigh EncSpot.
    I was drunk as hell when I posted this when I got home...I was thinking of wave files for some reason

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    What is EncSpot?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by jokerfmj@10 February 2003 - 15:06
    What is EncSpot?
    It checks the quality of your songs and lets you know if they are good or not.I don't use it that much anymore cause all I download is 160 bitrate or higher.But if you can only find that song/album in 128 bitrate it comes in handy.Would give you the link but they seem to be down now.