Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screwed Up Startup

Poster
    Ever since awhile when my computer boots up into windows I have this problem. It half of the start up items and then it stops. Like norton loads up but theres red X over it. The computer goes silent with nothing loading. I can't use internet at this point. Then after a couple minutes stuff starts to load up again. Red X on norton goes away and sygate firewall starts and internet starts too. From there I can't sign on aim i have to go into network connections and repair local area connection and then internet works fine. At this point everything is functioning properly. I have selective start up in msconfig enabled and have disabled various applications from starting up. Running windows xp pro corp. Cable connection.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Check and see if everything under selective startup is checked in msconfig, then check everything in the startup tab, there could be something important you disabled.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Should I just put back to regular startup so everything will load like normal and see if that fixes anything. If than works then go back to selective and just uncheck things i know i dont want coming up?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You might also try running BootVis, a MS tool that analyzes the order that things are loaded at startup and then can rearrange them to speed things up.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@19 November 2003 - 02:40
    Should I just put back to regular startup so everything will load like normal and see if that fixes anything. If than works then go back to selective and just uncheck things i know i dont want coming up?
    late post, i realize...pay no attention 2 clocker - it seems he's been drinking again -

yes is the answer 2 your last post -

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I could tell, i am not n00b, lol bootvis can speed up boot time but it doesn't affect how your applications them self load up. Also i just remembered something i did but now i remember what it is. In system mechanic 4 advanced start up manager i had hid some crap i had disabled from showing in msconfig. So i went back in sm 4 and set back to default and all that crap came back up. Those items might be the reason there is a long pause but the reason i disabled them in first place because they had these weird names and i couldn't trace them back to a place onto my computer. Some examples of ones that I have no idea once so ever they are is: MSPY2002 C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC, IMJPMIG8.1 C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

Also this long pause is a bitch because it doesn't load up area connection and wireless connection till the end. The things at end that load up from what i can see are sygate and the internet things. So while i am waiting i cant go online and usually when its all done loading i can surf internet. I have to repair local area connection then things work fine.

This thing is really damn annoying. I can't express my anger enough for it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I enabled everything and it still pauses and I still have to repair local area connection. I think it is had to do with norton 2k4 pro. I remember now that it had the long ass pause after i installed norton 2k4 pro. Is it possible that it could be it?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    You lose connection too? Have you recently added any windows updates? Does IE ever lockup for no apparent reason?
    All my patched systems hang at starting the network during boot. When it does start, some services and programs are still hung for another minute or two. This just started for me in the last month and a half and I don't think it's coincidence.
    Clean new systems will still work fine untill I update.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I use MyIE2 not IE but as we know MyIE2 is based on Ie core. Also the problem is not when I am using internet it is all at the start. The system hangs when loading up start up items for like 2 minutes. Then shit starts loading up again. The problem is after everything is done loading the internet does not work. So every time I have to go into network connections and repair and then for the majority of my internet session things are fine. But also I do notice I get disconnected a lot and I have to reboot modem and router. That could be windows fault but i have been talking this over with my ISP(adelphia). My neighborhood doesn't get disconnected while there using windows and only me. It happens to both computers in house not only mine. There gonna check it out this Friday to see if the line is screwed up. But what i just said is separate from the long pause. Long pause is only on this comp. Also I haven't updates the other for awhile so it could be something with updates. I am fed up with this bullshit and I want a solution.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I blindly installed an update a while back and found it fairly annoying but thought I could live with it till I did some reading on it.
    IPv6 is the one. It's a new protocol MS or whoever is pushing to make anonymity a lot less likely. Seems this is designed to track us based on our IP and hardware configuration. Positive identification I think was their goal. I haven't found it in my system lately so I don't know if it was renamed or dropped for a while or just what the story is now. I see some evil possibilities in this scheme anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast