Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here's an issue to pick at

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    ... because who cares what old people think.
    Funeral parlours.
    The dead don't usually think much at all.
    Isn't it the younger relatives who organise and pay for these events.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    @manker - Next time go buy all the orange-stickered stuff, go to the young girls on the till and tell 'em that if they think your a cheapskate, they should go fuck off since with the wages they get they should be shopping for the orange-stickered stuff too.
    They're sneaky with their judging. They don't give any indication of it but you just know that once you've left the store, they get together in their staff room and talk about all the chavs who buy rancid milk to save 20p.

it's just not worth it
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

3. Lounge   -   #13
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    What Mary said.
    What Arty said. Or would say if he wasn't too sick to type about the history of the farmers' revolt during Europe 1217-1219. And the effects of refrigeration only leading to cold resistant bacteria. And stuff.

Get well soon, Art.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    What Mary said.
    What Arty said. Or would say if he wasn't too sick to type about the history of the farmers' revolt during Europe 1217-1219. And the effects of refrigeration only leading to cold resistant bacteria. And stuff.

Get well soon, Art.
    We never know what we're missing until it's stripped from us like voting rights at our sentencing.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Get well soon, Art.
    We never know what we're missing until it's stripped from us like voting rights at our sentencing.
    Voting rights, meh. What'll get me is the loss of the right to bear arms para-military assault rifles, advanced polymer frame handguns, and tactical shotguns.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?

Voting rights, meh. What'll get me is the loss of the right to bear arms para-military assault rifles, advanced polymer frame handguns, and tactical shotguns.
    I chose voting rights for their non critical nature

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    What Manker said.

Also over here they don't "send it back". They throw it out. There's a "freetarian" movement all about rescuing food from these bins for consumption.
    That's not how you spell pikey.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Irishist.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Pfft. You can live for free on that stuff! That is you could until the supermarkets found out what was going on and started locking the bins or prosecuting people for theft.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    My point was that in theory, yes, they shop may not make as much on the products, but they sell it at more than they bought it for in the first place. So they'd reduce their profit, but in turn they would become more popular since people would come to them for cheaper food, and they'd be doing their bit for "nature" (less garbage etc.). I suppose the government could also offer tax breaks for places that would attempt to throw out less food.. And it would also save the supermarket a hell of a mess round the fridges (since people always dig around for food with a longer sell by date period).. Just my thoughts, that's all..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast