Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Pool

http://www.geocities.com/thehotpress/death2003.html

I'm sure many are aware of the yearly Death Pools inwhich people make up list of famous names that they think are likely to die. Theres rules and regulations that I don't even want to know. Basically if the names they pick die in the year they play
    (after a entrance fee) the person with the best score wins the pool/prise money at the end of the year.

Below I cut and pasted one of there rules for an example:

II Each player picks 20 celebrities. It is the quantity of correct picks that will be scored, with the age of the dead celeb as a tie breaker. Age points are scored as 100 minus the persons age (so picking people older than 100 is useless for tiebreaker points, in fact, you can get subtracted points...i.e. someone who is 105 is worth -5 tiebreaker points).

I have to wonder in what direction society in general is heading to play games to try to profit from other peoples deaths. This to me, is just a crude example that shows a basic decline in morals and irresponsibility, that is either accepted or shown indifference, to whether someone lives or dies.

I would like to hear from other members what their veiws are on this subject.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Aberrant
    I can't swim.... so most any pool could be a death pool for me.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Don't won't to get knit-picky here but thats not a veiw. Do you have one on this subject?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Aberrant
    Jeez.... don't get yer panties in a knot there!

So long as they don't go knockin people off to advance their picks, I say what's the harm?

It may be a bit morbid, but it's better than bettin on dog fights an' such.

Now look what you done.... made me get all serious an' shit.
    • WIBBLY!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by titey@19 November 2003 - 07:26
    I can't swim.... so most any pool could be a death pool for me.
    Im not a good swimmer, but maybe we can "pool" our sources

@ imnotanaddict

Chill out, this is the lounge. You posted here, just wear a flame proof suit - you'll survive

Peace
    UKMan

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by UKMan@19 November 2003 - 01:47
    Thanks for that bigUKmanboab

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by UKMan+19 November 2003 - 06:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 19 November 2003 - 06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-titey@19 November 2003 - 07:26
    I can&#39;t swim.... so most any pool could be a death pool for me.

@ imnotanaddict

Chill out, this is the lounge. You posted here, just wear a flame proof suit - you&#39;ll survive

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    Yeah right after aI hit the post button, I was thinking I hope I&#39;m in World Events
    but then realized I was in the lounge. Looked at the member list to get it moved
    I really don&#39;t care for even half serious topics in lounge, keeps it much more layed back. But not a big deal. And I give titey a hard time every chance I get because he&#39;s out to get me. Tell em titey.

By the way UKMan is your avatar Hercule Peirot ???

Just kidding, see I&#39;ma chillin already.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict+19 November 2003 - 08:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (imnotanaddict @ 19 November 2003 - 08:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by UKMan@19 November 2003 - 06:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-titey
    @19 November 2003 - 07:26
    I can&#39;t swim.... so most any pool could be a death pool for me.

@ imnotanaddict

Chill out, this is the lounge. You posted here, just wear a flame proof suit - you&#39;ll survive

Peace
    UKMan
    Yeah right after aI hit the post button, I was thinking I hope I&#39;m in World Events
    but then realized I was in the lounge. Looked at the member list to get it moved
    I really don&#39;t care for even half serious topics in lounge, keeps it much more layed back. But not a big deal. And I give titey a hard time every chance I get because he&#39;s out to get me. Tell em titey.

By the way UKMan is your avatar Hercule Peirot ???

Just kidding, see I&#39;ma chillin already. [/b][/quote]
    Ha Ha very funny - actually i believe its Basil Rathbone - my all time favourite Holmes actor.

Yeah, i knows you chill out - i wondered why you reacted like that - now we know why - B) B)

Peace
    UKMan

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@19 November 2003 - 02:01
    I give titey a hard time every chance I get because he&#39;s out to get me. Tell em titey.&nbsp;
    Whatever do you mean addy? o

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Well you&#39;ve heard the expression "A friend in need is friend indeed" have&#39;nt ya.
    So you see I need a wrecker to get all these cars moved away from the front of my house. What about hotwiring one, cross the border and help a friend out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast