Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Death Pool

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@19 November 2003 - 06:10
    http://www.geocities.com/thehotpress/death2003.html

I'm sure many are aware of the yearly Death Pools inwhich people make up list of famous names that they think are likely to die. Theres rules and regulations that I don't even want to know. Basically if the names they pick die in the year they play
    (after a entrance fee) the person with the best score wins the pool/prise money at the end of the year.

Below I cut and pasted one of there rules for an example:

II Each player picks 20 celebrities. It is the quantity of correct picks that will be scored, with the age of the dead celeb as a tie breaker. Age points are scored as 100 minus the persons age (so picking people older than 100 is useless for tiebreaker points, in fact, you can get subtracted points...i.e. someone who is 105 is worth -5 tiebreaker points).

I have to wonder in what direction society in general is heading to play games to try to profit from other peoples deaths. This to me, is just a crude example that shows a basic decline in morals and irresponsibility, that is either accepted or shown indifference, to whether someone lives or dies.

I would like to hear from other members what their veiws are on this subject.
    Well there are probably a few that deserve to be on it (or in it)

2. Lounge   -   #22
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@19 November 2003 - 07:35
    Ohio,Indiana and Kentucky............the hillbilly triangle
    Ohio and Indiana Hillbilly Doobs? I would not go to the southern states and say that. Those two states are Yankee territory. Not too many hills about either. Kentucky just makes over the Mason/Dixon line.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by imnotanaddict@19 November 2003 - 08:18
    Well you've heard the expression "A friend in need is friend indeed" have'nt ya.
    So you see I need a wrecker to get all these cars moved away from the front of my house. What about hotwiring one, cross the border and help a friend out.
    A friend in need is a bloody nuisance -

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ex-member
    Uh, I was gonna move this, but it would be kinda fruitless now.

Imnotanaddict, you might want to post this again in World News - that way you can get the serious and the silly reactions to the topic at hand

5. Lounge   -   #25
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@19 November 2003 - 12:50
    Uh, I was gonna move this, but it would be kinda fruitless now.

Imnotanaddict, you might want to post this again in World News - that way you can get the serious and the silly reactions to the topic at hand
    Who's being silly?? - Oh me - right.....

(UKMan secretly starts searching World News)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123