Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painkillers

DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    having a fairly nasty cold (nasty enough not to go to school), my mum has presented me with a range of painkillers: aspirin, paracetamol, soluable aspirin, soluable paracetamol, Anadin Extra, Lemsip Max, and chinese herbal stuff

normally i would do this scientifically, and test each painkiller for effectiveness, but my mum won't let me - so, in your experience, what do you find the strongest, fastest acting, and nicest to take
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    lemsip max strength. take a few and you will feel the true effects of paracetamol.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Don't take any of them!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by nigel123@19 November 2003 - 14:14
    Don't take any of them!
    but i feel yucky and have brown stuff coming out of my nose
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Naproxenum, APC, Ibuprofen and any opium based Painkiller.

NotJustPot-Yogi

6. Lounge   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate+19 November 2003 - 14:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarthInsinuate @ 19 November 2003 - 14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@19 November 2003 - 14:14
    Don&#39;t take any of them&#33;
    but i feel yucky and have brown stuff coming out of my nose [/b][/quote]
    Blow your nose...tomorrow you will feel better&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Contramal - you&#39;ll be so stoned for the rest of the day you won&#39;t even know you have a cold

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Imitrex - for migraines.

Just took one, should be kicking in soon.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Immitrex isn&#39;t a pain killer though - it&#39;s non narcotic - I know, I used to have it in needle form for migraines Didn&#39;t work worth a crap though...

Demerol is wonderful... needles are better, but they won&#39;t prescribe needles for me, just pills - my doctor will pretty much prescribe anything I ask for now, because of the chronic migraines, have one more often than not nowadays... he&#39;s starting me on some other medication for it when I go back to see him though - some sort of anti-seizure drug as he feels I&#39;m being over medicated treating them... let&#39;s see - Demerol, prescription strength ibuprofen (1000mg per pill), Amerge, Fiornol, Naproxen (muscle relaxant), marijuana, prozac (yes, for treating migraines - depression and migraine go hand in hand), appetite stimulant, because I don&#39;t eat when I have a migraine... the list goes on... when it comes to treating migraines... been there, done that...

Morphine is nice too - had that a few times when I&#39;ve been hospitalized...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Interesting. Imitrex so far has been the only thing that&#39;s worked for me (I&#39;ve been battling this for 30+ years now).
    Tried just about everything you listed - even demerol. Marijuana definitely helps with the nausea, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast