Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bias in the media

Let's compare these two quotes:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

vs.

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.” Then the dispatcher asked, “O.K., and this guy — is he white, black or Hispanic?” Only then did Mr. Zimmerman say, “He looks black.”

Source: http://themoderatevoice.com/143625/n...man-tape-edit/

Hmmm... does anyone see any bias in the way NBC edited that phone conversation?

And let's not forget the extremely outdated photos of Trayvon the media has been using to make the public feel sympathetic:

"In an extraordinary show of bias, this picture has been the face of Trayvon Martin in the media.

Trayvon looks to be, I don’t know, maybe 12 years old in this pic? Now, the MSM certainly has no obligation to use the most up to date pictures of anyone, but when you use a childhood picture of someone who is almost a man in a case like this, it presents a false image to the public. That’s very relevant given George Zimmerman’s story.

Trayvon Martin threatened and beat George Zimmerman, Zimmerman’s father said tonight in an exclusive interview on WOFL-Channel 35.

“Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of ‘you’re going to die now’ or ‘you’re going die tonight,’ ” Robert Zimmerman told WOFL’s Valerie Boey. “He continued to beat George, and at some point, George pulled his pistol and did what he did.”

Nobody would buy the idea that the kid in that picture said, “you’re going to die now” and attacked an adult. It just doesn’t seem plausible...

The fact that Trayvon Martin is flipping off the camera doesn’t mean George Zimmerman is innocent or that Martin deserved to get shot, but again, it undercuts the entire picture that the mainstream media has been painting. Trayvon Martin isn’t a little kid, he was far from an angel, and yes, it is entirely possible that George Zimmerman is telling the truth about what happened. Maybe Trayvon did foolishly choose to attack him and Zimmerman shot him because he had good reason to believe that his life was in danger. We simply don’t have enough information yet to know for sure who was right and who was wrong.

We do, however, have enough information to say that making this tragic and incredibly ambiguous situation into some sort of national test case for whether black Americans can get justice in the Obama era was incredibly foolish. This case is anything BUT simple or clearcut and anyone pretending that it is, is either misinformed or doesn’t care much about the truth."

In the magically yummy words of Obama: “I can only imagine what these parents are going through,” he said, “and when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And you know, I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this.” He added later: “You know, if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon.”

Imagine what the media would have said had McCain been president and Trayvon had been white, and he had said: "You know, if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

A double standard? I think so.

What it does show us is the "mainstream" media is extremely biased and leftist and will lie about anything to support its own agenda.
    Last edited by 999969999; 06-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Actually, if it were the other way around, the black kid would be charged with murder immediately, before it was ever brought to media attention. Media bias is apparent and consequently affects the ignorant. Human bias is real, sometimes subversive, and can affect anyone, say for example a 17-year-old black boy in a hoodie.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Yeah, that's right, don't answer the question because it is so obvious and blatant this time, you can't deny it.
    Last edited by 999969999; 06-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    Yeah, that's right, don't answer the question because it is so obvious and blatant this time, you can't deny it.
    There was an answer to your question in there, I just didn't word my response to elementary students.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    A double standard? I think so.

What it does show us is the "mainstream" media is I am extremely biased and leftist and will lie about anything to support its my own agenda.
    So you want to counter the "biased" media by quoting Zimmerman's totally impartial father as a source?
    Our media isn't biased, it's lazy and stupid...pretty much a reflection of the populace it panders to.
    Last edited by clocker; 06-14-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Did anyone notice that Zimmerman didn't really even look like a white guy?

I mean there was all this uproar about a white guy killing a black guy, but he looks like a Hispanic guy, not a white guy.

That wouldn't fit the media's leftist agenda, so they continued to call him white.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

I mean there was all this uproar about a white guy killing a black guy, but he looks like a Hispanic guy, not a white guy.

That wouldn't fit the media's leftist agenda, so they continued to call him white.
    To me, he seemed like a racist, what else do I need?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

Gee, I wonder if he was Hispanic (preferably undocumented), who's agenda that would play into?
    I'm thinking if there was a whiff of "other" about Zimmerman, Faux would be jizzing all over the airwaves.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    What if we were as racist as them?

For example, what if we had our own N.A.A.C.P.? The National Association for the Advancement of Caucasian People? What do you think the media would do with that one?

What about Chicanos Por La Causa? If we had Whites For The Cause? Would they ignore our membership in it?

How about La Raza? What if we had The White Race? Would they say it is okay for a Supreme Court Justice to be a member of that organization?

Why isn't the same standard of racism applied equally to all races?

Doesn't seem fair to me.

And look how they stereotyped my people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mAqe16iBM

Would they get away with this now if they stereotyped Hispanics or African Americans in a movie? I don't think so. But for some reason, it's still okay to do it to germanic people.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I knew Aryans were humorless, wasn't aware they were so thin skinned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast