Thread: Dvd Download

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    At the moment I'm a little way into downloading a DVD file. Files with the following extensions ( .VOB, .BUP and .IFO) are being downloaded and I don't really know what to do with them. I was wondering if I could do view them straight from my hard drive (do I need a special program for this?) or not and how you would go about putting this on a CD. Can it be done with a CD re-writer or does it have to be a DVD re-writer.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    Smart ripper normally rips the Vobs, not sure but it might be able to view them.
    Pwer Dvd or Media player should play the vobs.

Why download massive DVD files if you have not got
    dvdwriter. AVI's are just as good to watch on PC and smaller size

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    So I should be able to play it fine? They are copies of Buffy DVD's and I want to see how they compare to the more common TV rips (only downside is they're 4000+ megs a peice ). Do I have to wait until the .VOB files are fully downloaded before I can play them? And from your reply I'm guessing I cannot burn them (although if I did they would take up alot of CD's anyway) without a DVD rewriter?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    You can burn, but you would have to decode to VCD or something which would reduce the quality.

DVDrhelp.com

Look at guides and enter what you have and see what conversion guides are available.

Dont know about previewing what you have down loaded, never tried but copy the file you have upto now and rename try to open with a media player.

Might work at least you will know what quality is like.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I gave it a quick go but got the following error from WMP

I renamed it to .avi and there seemed to be something there. I'll continue though and try and grab a copy of Power DVD to see if that'll play it.