Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Max Payne 2 Error

  1. #1
    Just before the loading screen appears ready to jump to the main menu i have this error appear

    Exception in engineInit:Unable to read data from "\DATA\DATABASE\MUSIC\MUSIC.TXT"

    can anyone help me with this please

  2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,232
    does the file MUSIC.TXT even exist in your hard-drive..if not just reinstall another solution could be to turn off BGM sound under options before entering the game.

  3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by RedRival@19 November 2003 - 17:15
    does the file MUSIC.TXT even exist in your hard-drive..if not just reinstall another solution could be to turn off BGM sound under options before entering the game.
    Ive tried reinstalling and it doesnt help and also in the options i cant seem to identify a BGM option...i tried switching music off altogether but the same thing occours

  4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,232
    Originally posted by DeanO+19 November 2003 - 18:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeanO &#064; 19 November 2003 - 18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@19 November 2003 - 17:15
    does the file MUSIC.TXT even exist in your hard-drive..if not just reinstall another solution could be to turn off BGM sound under options before entering the game.
    Ive tried reinstalling and it doesnt help and also in the options i cant seem to identify a BGM option...i tried switching music off altogether but the same thing occours [/b][/quote]
    did you have a corrupt download? when you install the game did state that you had some errors in installing some files? It could be that you are missing some music files I suppose...

    http://www.3drealm.com

    then hit their forums, they have a technical team there.

  5. Games   -   #5
    yea installing it said it couldnt find a .ras file

    thanks for helping though dude ill see if they can help

  6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    Guest
    don&#39;t send people to others forums, if you don&#39;t know the answer, don&#39;t reply


    you need to run your bin&#39;s through cdmage to try to fix the errors, also try mounting it with daemon tools instead of wasting more disc in case you didn&#39;t know you have a better chance if its not on a cd

  7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by muchspl2@19 November 2003 - 19:07
    don&#39;t send people to others forums, if you don&#39;t know the answer, don&#39;t reply


    you need to run your bin&#39;s through cdmage to try to fix the errors, also try mounting it with daemon tools instead of wasting more disc in case you didn&#39;t know you have a better chance if its not on a cd
    Its cool peeps i have a friend sending me the file right now.
    Once ive recieved it i wish to share it....now how can i set up a direct link to the file on my kazaa so other users can d/l it

    as im new to the technical side to all this i will need help as i wannah elp others who wanna play this game who have the same error

  8. Games   -   #8
    deepcvs
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanO
    Just before the loading screen appears ready to jump to the main menu i have this error appear

    Exception in engineInit:Unable to read data from "\DATA\DATABASE\MUSIC\MUSIC.TXT"

    can anyone help me with this please
    hi

  9. Games   -   #9
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,786
    bah, why the hell did you bump this thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •