Thread: Max Payne 2 Error

Just before the loading screen appears ready to jump to the main menu i have this error appear

Exception in engineInit:Unable to read data from "\DATA\DATABASE\MUSIC\MUSIC.TXT"

can anyone help me with this please

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    does the file MUSIC.TXT even exist in your hard-drive..if not just reinstall another solution could be to turn off BGM sound under options before entering the game.

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by RedRival@19 November 2003 - 17:15
    does the file MUSIC.TXT even exist in your hard-drive..if not just reinstall another solution could be to turn off BGM sound under options before entering the game.
    Ive tried reinstalling and it doesnt help and also in the options i cant seem to identify a BGM option...i tried switching music off altogether but the same thing occours

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by DeanO+19 November 2003 - 18:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeanO &#064; 19 November 2003 - 18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RedRival@19 November 2003 - 17:15
    Ive tried reinstalling and it doesnt help and also in the options i cant seem to identify a BGM option...i tried switching music off altogether but the same thing occours [/b][/quote]
    did you have a corrupt download? when you install the game did state that you had some errors in installing some files? It could be that you are missing some music files I suppose...

http://www.3drealm.com

then hit their forums, they have a technical team there.

5. Games   -   #5
    yea installing it said it couldnt find a .ras file

thanks for helping though dude ill see if they can help

6. Games   -   #6
    muchspl2
    don&#39;t send people to others forums, if you don&#39;t know the answer, don&#39;t reply

you need to run your bin&#39;s through cdmage to try to fix the errors, also try mounting it with daemon tools instead of wasting more disc in case you didn&#39;t know you have a better chance if its not on a cd

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by muchspl2@19 November 2003 - 19:07
    don&#39;t send people to others forums, if you don&#39;t know the answer, don&#39;t reply

you need to run your bin&#39;s through cdmage to try to fix the errors, also try mounting it with daemon tools instead of wasting more disc in case you didn&#39;t know you have a better chance if its not on a cd
    Its cool peeps i have a friend sending me the file right now.
    Once ive recieved it i wish to share it....now how can i set up a direct link to the file on my kazaa so other users can d/l it

as im new to the technical side to all this i will need help as i wannah elp others who wanna play this game who have the same error

8. Games   -   #8
    deepcvs
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanO
    Just before the loading screen appears ready to jump to the main menu i have this error appear

Exception in engineInit:Unable to read data from "\DATA\DATABASE\MUSIC\MUSIC.TXT"

can anyone help me with this please
    hi

9. Games   -   #9
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    bah, why the hell did you bump this thread