Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Official: Come On Scotland

Ex-member
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@19 November 2003 - 22:22
    See to me when the Scottish say things like lamsey said it makes you sound JEALOUS or something!

To me Scotland NIreland Wales and the Rep Of Ireland are all my second international teams! If England can't win it I hope that one of these DO!!!!

and as for Henrik Larsson last time i checked he was'nt scottish!! and until he comes down to the premiership and doe's the business he'll always be a maybe player????
    That post there shows some of that there arrogance

See to me when the Scottish say things like lamsey said it makes you sound JEALOUS or something!
    Scots are welcomed all over the world. Tens of thousands of Scottish football fans went to Seville earlier this year and not one arrest was made.
    In contrast, England games have nearly been cancelled due to fear of crowd troubles.

We're supposed to be jealous of a country like that?

In terms of footballing prowess, we may be less well-off than England, but our attitude is anything but jealous.

With regards to Larsson - did I say he was Scottish? No, I don't think I did. He was just the first example that popped into my head as a regular goalscorer.

As a Celtic fan, I think that's fair enough, especially when you consider that this man is a Golden Boot winner, has been capped many times for his country, is the most prolific scorer ever from Scottish teams playing in Europe, and who has scored against some of the most respected teams in the world such as Juventus, Porto and Liverpool, to name some recent examples. Maybe player? Hah.

The current rumour is that he'll be joining Barcelona once he leaves Celtic - why go to the Premiership when he can go to a much better league?

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    well, we got fucked lads.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Poster
    Originally posted by BILLY-THE-FISH@19 November 2003 - 23:22

To me Scotland NIreland Wales and the Rep Of Ireland are all my second international teams! If England can't win it I hope that one of these DO!!!!

and as for Henrik Larsson last time i checked he was'nt scottish!! and until he comes down to the premiership and doe's the business he'll always be a maybe player????
    I totally agree with Liam, who says Henke has to go to the Premiership to prove himself?

Are goals in World Cup and European Championship Final stages not enough?

It seems to me, and I am sure a lot of others, that English people tend to think until you have played in the Premiership then they can't truelly be called a "great" player?

Just a thought though, if the Premiership is "supposedly" the best league in Europe, and the vast majority of the English national team play there, why aren't they winning major competitions?

Edit: Typo

4. Lounge   -   #74
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@20 November 2003 - 18:07
    I totally agree with Liam, who says Henke has to go to the Premiership to prove himself?

Yes, Henke learned to play football very well in Holland (Feyenoord Rotterdam, ring a bell). You all in Scotland can see that every weekend.

Oh btw Lamsey,your remarks regarding R. van Nistelrooy ar imo totally out of order. Have you ever met him? Or are you just giving you opnion based on tv moments?

In Holland we know Van Nistelrooy as one of the most modest players in the game, always taking time for fans, children and so on and you call him an arrogant ##$$@@^^ and rude? Please wake up!

edit: typing
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

5. Lounge   -   #75
    Poster
    Originally posted by nostalgia+20 November 2003 - 20:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nostalgia @ 20 November 2003 - 20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mrcall1969@20 November 2003 - 18:07

Yes, Henke learned to play football very well in Holland (Feyenoord Rotterdam, ring a bell). You all in Scotland can see that every weekend.

Oh btw Lamsey,your remarks regarding R. van Nistelrooy ar imo totally out of order. Have you ever met him? Or are you just giving you opnion based on tv moments?

In Holland we know Van Nistelrooy as one of the most modest players in the game, always taking time for fans, children and so on and you call him an arrogant ##&#036;&#036;@@^^ and rude? Please wake up&#33;

edit: typing [/b][/quote]
    Got to agree with Nostalgia here, I met Ruud on holiday in Tenerife in 2001, he was playing for PSV i think at the time and never seemed arrogant to me...always took time with the kids etc

6. Lounge   -   #76
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I just support Celtic and Scotland. If Rangers, England or any other team are playing, why should i support them? Oh, i&#39;m glad if they do well, but it really doesn&#39;t bother me if they win lose or draw.

i&#39;ve been called a bigot and a racist for this. Nah....I just support my team and let the others get on with it&#33;

Ps Scotland got f***********************cked&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #77
    language moose.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Poster
    Sure is a hell of a lot of *&#39;s

9. Lounge   -   #79
    ermmm, wtf arre you on about?

10. Lounge   -   #80
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    oh scotland - sport generally isnt your thing but fuck it - scotland&#39;s a great country &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast