Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Shows That Got Canceled II

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.
    Hey I liked that show!

She wasn't as prominent in The 4400, I thought. I remember her in Alphas too.
    I watched it thinking, "I'm obviously too old for this show".
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Hey I liked that show!

She wasn't as prominent in The 4400, I thought. I remember her in Alphas too.
    I watched it thinking, "I'm obviously too old for this show".
    Maybe I give scifi shows a lot of rope. Right now I'm watching Continuum.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Hai

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
    Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.
    Possibly because of the investiture I already had in the characters, though.
    Ha yeah that is quite weird I remembered Nate yet (still) don't remember the Caps name from Firefly and Serenity. D...amn. I am quite shit with names but remembers faces like a mofo. Drive was the first time I saw him in TV (the preview, at least) since Firefly.

Hey I watched Firefly (came on back-to-back) with John Doe so give me a cookie for that. People ignored them along with Earth 2 and Space Above an Beyond (also back-to-back). We just can't get good sci-fi to stay on anymore.

Anyway, did Drive end shittely where it felt like "the middle"?

I hate when shows end on cliffhangers or mysteries like Outcasts and John Doe.

The 4400 was fantastic but when baby girl grew up in like a week, it started to go downhill. I still wish they'd make a movie or TV series out of Rising Stars. Heroes and The 4400 were good but RS was more epic (and certainly more original).
    I'm not sure what Rising Stars is. A comic, is it?

Drive ended more at the start than in the middle and left a load of stuff unanswered, it might be that it's worth a watch just for curiosity but I'd bet you'd be left with more negative feelings than positive ones. Also, now I come to think about it, Idol is right when he says about it getting a little disjointed - but I always had the feeling it was just about to explode into something awesome.

I watched John Doe, but I can barely remember it. I know Michael's brother from Prison Break was the lead and that I liked it. But I also remember it feeling a little dated. Perhaps it was and I downloaded it several years after it was made, idk.

I think it's commonly agreed that Heroes went to complete shite after the first series, btw. I tried so hard to like it, too.

Hai

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
    Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.
    Possibly because of the investiture I already had in the characters, though.
    I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.
    Well it's three for me because I liked Terminator, as well. It was the first show I watched in HD when I got it set up, and the visual experience struck me as being really rather good.
    I may have got overly attached to it due to that.

Last edited by manker; 06-17-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I watched John Doe, but I can barely remember it. I know Michael's brother from Prison Break was the lead and that I liked it. But I also remember it feeling a little dated. Perhaps it was and I downloaded it several years after it was made, idk.
    I don't understand how you could possibly be watching all the same stuff as me as I obviously have good taste and you don't.

Anyway John Doe was a great premise that lacked anything to really follow it up.
    Probably should have known it was going to be a rough ride when coming out so soon after The Bourne Identity the producers thought it was still a good idea to blatantly rip-off so many key points .
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15

Ha yeah that is quite weird I remembered Nate yet (still) don't remember the Caps name from Firefly and Serenity. D...amn. I am quite shit with names but remembers faces like a mofo. Drive was the first time I saw him in TV (the preview, at least) since Firefly.

Hey I watched Firefly (came on back-to-back) with John Doe so give me a cookie for that. People ignored them along with Earth 2 and Space Above an Beyond (also back-to-back). We just can't get good sci-fi to stay on anymore.

Anyway, did Drive end shittely where it felt like "the middle"?

I hate when shows end on cliffhangers or mysteries like Outcasts and John Doe.

The 4400 was fantastic but when baby girl grew up in like a week, it started to go downhill. I still wish they'd make a movie or TV series out of Rising Stars. Heroes and The 4400 were good but RS was more epic (and certainly more original).
    I'm not sure what Rising Stars is. A comic, is it?

Drive ended more at the start than in the middle and left a load of stuff unanswered, it might be that it's worth a watch just for curiosity but I'd bet you'd be left with more negative feelings than positive ones. Also, now I come to think about it, Idol is right when he says about it getting a little disjointed - but I always had the feeling it was just about to explode into something awesome.

I think it's commonly agreed that Heroes went to complete shite after the first series, btw. I tried so hard to like it, too.
    Agreed. The show started off mysterious and then it seemed the writers just right fecked off.

John Doe was cool cuz it you wondered why he knew everything, where was he from, why'd wake up buck naked in the beginning, and what were the motivations behind the group killing people. The idea of that and another scifi show shown back-to-back on primetime network TV is completely obliterated nowadays. The other time I can remember before that was the aforementioned Earth 2 and Space Above and Beyond and maybe a Star Trek show (Voyager I think) and 7 Days.

Rising Stars started off with kids conceived the night a comet flew over Pederson, (Ohio?), and many of those kids (called Specials) were shown to have powers. While the government figures out what to do with them, they put them in camp (with counselors and all). All the kids didn't demonstrate powers but were put together anyway. I remember there was one kid that demonstrated no powers would get pulled out late at night from his bunk bed over and over by a counselor until one night he turned to the counselor and said "BURN!". We then found out what his power was.

As teenagers, one chubby boy could fly....but only 6 feet off the ground. He'd get teased about not being able to go higher than than cuz of his fatass over and over. He finally got past 6 feet, then 20, then 40, and they never saw him again. No more teasing.

Another storyline when everyone was older was there was a fat fella that could not die. He lived in squalor and had no girlfriend. He found work doing ads for an electric company where he'd pick up live wires and get shocked on TV yet still remained friendless and alone. Well one day the man that couldn't die was found dead. He had a plastic bag over head. Someone knew that he still needed air. That kicked off the storyline where someone was killing off all the Specials and they knew the weakness of each one.

Anyway Rising Stars was original and much deeper than The 4400 and Heroes and similarities were huge. RS was more epic since it started from childhood and chronicled the years after.

Well it's three for me because I liked Terminator, as well. It was the first show I watched in HD when I got it set up, and the visual experience struck me as being really rather good.
    I may have got overly attached to it due to that.

Wow really? That was only about 4 years ago. How long has GB had HD? I remember coming on here and people (not you) ragging on HD saying there wasn't much difference. I remarked that they probably don't have it.

Now HD is ubiquitous and I bet those same people wouldn't go back to SD.
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-18-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't understand how you could possibly be watching all the same stuff as me as I obviously have good taste and you don't.

Anyway John Doe was a great premise that lacked anything to really follow it up.
    Probably should have known it was going to be a rough ride when coming out so soon after The Bourne Identity the producers thought it was still a good idea to blatantly rip-off so many key points .
    Which reminds me, Louie season 3 premiers on June 28th. Can you guess what else I read?

Spoiler: Show

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Huh?

John Doe ripped off notadamnthing. I mean if "guy doesn't know his past or who he is" is a rip-off then your qualifications for rip-offs are ultra low.

Bourne was an assassin/soldier.
    John Doe was some guy with a weird maark that happened to know everything.

I mean if you wanna reach, Bourne is found floating in the water. Doe wakes up buck naked on an island. Duhhhh...alrighty then....rip-off?

John Doe and Firefly were rare scifi shows in primetime. Not many do well. Many are quality tho'. The problem is reality TV was ramping up then.

Since reality TV has been in full swing, we've had (in primetime network TV):

Fringe (one more season which'll make 5,has been on a Friday timeslot) MMK
    Supernatural (I'm including scifi with the supernatural, going on season 8, has been on a Friday timeslot) WIN
    Heroes (4 seasons) MMK
    Firefly (1 season, had a movie) FAIL
    John Doe (1 season) FAIL
    Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles (1.5 seasons) FAIL
    Flash Forward (1 season, great show) FAIL
    Threshold (half season) FAIL
    Terra Nova (half season) FAIL
    The Listener (half season in US) FAIL (still running elsewhere up to season 3)
    and many more failures.

Scifi on primetime network TV has an uphill battle. It has to draw the casual viewer and can't depend on scifi buffs like me. I was actually mad Threshold got canceled even tho' I couldn't recommend it to others. I see why it was canceled. It was very dark.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Terriers.
    Ellipses go here.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cicero View Post
    Terriers.
    Thank you, kind sir. I always wanted to check that out but I had forgot about it.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Heroes (4 seasons) MMK
    Firefly (1 season, had a movie) FAIL
    red-card.jpg

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast