Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best TV Shows That Got Canceled II

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'll start...

Can someone explain to me why that bre-ish show, Outcasts, got canceled?

I friggin' loved that show!

I really do hate how short bre-ish show seasons are tho'.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What the fuck is bre-ish and why don't you make a nuisance of yourself in the lounge any more. I know you miss me as much as I miss you <3

The most recent show I was gutted about getting cancelled was Drive. It had everything; Captain Mal Reynolds, cars and a hot, slutty daughter.
    It hooked me from the very start as hints were dropped about the reasons behind the race being sinister and the main five or six characters were instantly likeable/evil and their back stories seemed pretty intriguing.
    Jericho and The 4400 deserve honourable mentions, too.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    What the fuck is bre-ish and why don't you make a nuisance of yourself in the lounge any more. I know you miss me as much as I miss you <3

The most recent show I was gutted about getting cancelled was Drive. It had everything; Captain Mal Reynolds, cars and a hot, slutty daughter.
    It hooked me from the very start as hints were dropped about the reasons behind the race being sinister and the main five or six characters were instantly likeable/evil and their back stories seemed pretty intriguing.
    At least Jericho was (sloppingly) wrapped up. The 4400 got a little sloppy altogether.

:notesTVDriveforconsumption:

How many seasons did Drive run?

Oh snap, as I'm writing this I remember the show had Nathan from Firefly. I never watched it so I was part of the problem of it going away.

Will download.....

Oh and....wadup, kanker!
    Last edited by Busyman; 06-17-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

First episode of Drive was good but the network wasn't behind the show and wanted something different so it went precariously all-over the place downhill from that. Around that time Nathan Fillion actually had the title "series killer " attached to his name btw.

Jericho was another case of not enough support but this time in the rating so the producers tinkered it into the resemblance of a heaping pile of non-nonsensical soap opera-ish shite by the end.

Never watched The 4400 and probably never will as I am now afraid that it may involve ghey teen vampires and diaries.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

First episode of Drive was good but the network wasn't behind the show and wanted something different so it went precariously all-over the place downhill from that. Around that time Nathan Fillion actually had the title "series killer " attached to his name btw.

Jericho was another case of not enough support but this time in the rating so the producers tinkered it into the resemblance of a heaping pile of non-nonsensical soap opera-ish shite by the end.

Never watched The 4400 and probably never will as I am now afraid that it may involve ghey teen vampires and diaries.
    I dunno about Drive but you are completely wrong about everything else besides the bad ratings.It was brought back due to the fans and had to be wrapped up quickly. The 4400 was NOTHING like you described. It was a rip-off of the Rising Stars comic (which was fantastic).

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Really? It's probably my 2nd favorite cancelled show of all time, following Firefly. I believe I waited 2 years for the next season to come before looking up the old, but sad news on the internet and thinking, "what the fuck?".
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

At least Jericho was (sloppingly) wrapped up. The 4400 got a little sloppy altogether.

Oh snap, as I'm writing this I remember the show had Nathan from Firefly. I never watched it so I was part of the problem of it going away.

Will download.....

Oh and....wadup, kanker!
    Hai

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
    Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.
    Possibly because of the investiture I already had in the characters, though.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Will download.....

Oh and....wadup, kanker!
    Hai

I wouldn't download if I were you. It only has five or six episodes and I still haven't quite got over the rage I felt when I found out that it wasn't coming back.
    Also, great remembering that Nathan Fillion was in it after I'd mentioned that it had Captain Mal Reynolds.

And, yeah, The 4400 went a bit crappy toward the end but it was still compelling.
    Ha yeah that is quite weird I remembered Nate yet (still) don't remember the Caps name from Firefly and Serenity. D...amn. I am quite shit with names but remembers faces like a mofo. Drive was the first time I saw him in TV (the preview, at least) since Firefly.

Hey I watched Firefly (came on back-to-back) with John Doe so give me a cookie for that. People ignored them along with Earth 2 and Space Above an Beyond (also back-to-back). We just can't get good sci-fi to stay on anymore.

Anyway, did Drive end shittely where it felt like "the middle"?

I hate when shows end on cliffhangers or mysteries like Outcasts and John Doe.

The 4400 was fantastic but when baby girl grew up in like a week, it started to go downhill. I still wish they'd make a movie or TV series out of Rising Stars. Heroes and The 4400 were good but RS was more epic (and certainly more original).

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Hai

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Hai

I just realized my 2 favorite cancelled shows feature Summer Glau. It would have been 3 if I actually liked that Terminator series.
    Hey I liked that show!

She wasn't as prominent in The 4400, I thought. I remember her in Alphas too.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast