Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any News Of Cinavia Workarounds?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I know Cinavia is only on BR but many DVD rips are mislabeled and come from BR. 20 minutes in, my sound cuts on PS3 and I have to get another version of the movie. Sometimes it cuts out in 3 minutes.

I like being able to just pop my movie on a thumbdtive plug in and play on my big screen.

The weird thing is that I can play the same movie for 20 more minutes the next day. I haven't got a ton of Cinavia DRMed movies but it can be a tad annoying.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Not 100% true. It is on some dvd's as well.

http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Drop the useless PS3 and get a decent streamer/HTPC.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mlindsay's Avatar Poster
    I don't even use my PS3 anymore for this reason. What I suggest is to get a blue-ray player that has a USB connection that can play files. I just bought an LG ( the LGs seem to play any file and you can even hook up a 1 or 2 TB hard drive to it ) for only $ 50.00. There hasn't been any files yet I haven't been able to play. I am sorry that there doesn't seem any true fix, however take heart that there are many inexpensive alternatives I would suggest buying one soon because many " NEW " blu-ray players will have Cinavia protection ( especially Sony ) Or you could of course hook up your computer directly to your TV. I have been told by a friend that the PS3 media server will bypass any Cinavia but I haven't tried it because I find having a 2 TB hard drive connected to my DVD player extremely easy and have no need for any other method at this moment.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ALL new BD players are mandated to have Cinavia, and I wouldn't be surprised if firmware was released for older players with Cinavia snuck in. I'd avoid all BD players and focus on a ~$350 HTPC or ~$120 media streamer.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    noway around cinavia on ps3 unless its a jailbroke CFW3.55

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    mlindsay's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    ALL new BD players are mandated to have Cinavia, and I wouldn't be surprised if firmware was released for older players with Cinavia snuck in. I'd avoid all BD players and focus on a ~$350 HTPC or ~$120 media streamer.
    Couldn't you just not update it ?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mlindsay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    Couldn't you just not update it ?
    Of course. Just saying.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    mlindsay's Avatar Poster
    There, are certainly advantages to using a media streamer. Do you think they will shove Cinavia in those soon too ?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    More than likely. Popcorn hour's model with a BD drive looks like it has it. The best alternative as of right now is a HTPC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast