Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BT community is dying?

Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Surprised/Amazed

If you compare the smaller community orientated trackers, as well as the BT section here at FST,you notice a huge difference in activity to what it once was.The lack of activity has been noticed by many, and a couple of threads (on various torrent sites) have popped up discussing what could have lead to this.There might be many factors involving.Back in the days when old BT users "retired", there were always new people to take their places.New people have always kept coming, keeping community trackers and this BT section active,that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.Some say it's so easy to get music and movies nowadays, in a legal way, and hence there is no "new generation" to takethe "retired" bittorrenters' place.My opinion to why there's little to no activity is simply because BT is boring.Why is it boring? BT used to be a "game" with all the traders, anti-traders, torrent-invite sites,high level trackers, global bans and all the drama.With the rarity list gone, and the "rare" trackers dead (uk-t, ftwr, sct) BT users no longer have any "dreams to chase". The exclusiveness and mystique is long gone! Because, let's face it, getting into those "rare" trackers was all that mattered for thoseactive "community lovers". Once they managed to collect all trackers, they "retired".But today all community trackers are more or less dead because their once very active members no longer have a reason topost crap in forums, chat in irc and "make friends" (in order to obtain invites) since there are no longer any "rare" trackers to get into.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    If you compare the smaller community orientated trackers, as well as the BT section here at FST,you notice a huge difference in activity to what it once was.The lack of activity has been noticed by many, and a couple of threads (on various torrent sites) have popped up discussing what could have lead to this.There might be many factors involving.Back in the days when old BT users "retired", there were always new people to take their places.New people have always kept coming, keeping community trackers and this BT section active,that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.Some say it's so easy to get music and movies nowadays, in a legal way, and hence there is no "new generation" to takethe "retired" bittorrenters' place.My opinion to why there's little to no activity is simply because BT is boring.Why is it boring? BT used to be a "game" with all the traders, anti-traders, torrent-invite sites,high level trackers, global bans and all the drama.With the rarity list gone, and the "rare" trackers dead (uk-t, ftwr, sct) BT users no longer have any "dreams to chase". The exclusiveness and mystique is long gone! Because, let's face it, getting into those "rare" trackers was all that mattered for thoseactive "community lovers". Once they managed to collect all trackers, they "retired".But today all community trackers are more or less dead because their once very active members no longer have a reason topost crap in forums, chat in irc and "make friends" (in order to obtain invites) since there are no longer any "rare" trackers to get into.
    That's so sad it's almost funny. It is probably unintentionally the best summation of what was wrong with bt for years, and now that there are no superleet rare trackers to chase after it's boring and nobody wants to play the game any more....
    Thats really sad......
    You mean the same 20 people won't post in every forum and high five each other and spam the shit out of the irc channels as well (different people every 6 months but the same moronic spam).
    There won't be threads all over the place any more that (fill in the blanks ala MoRbIdAnGeL please please please * tracker is my only wish..... it is my dream)......
    Gee I'm really going to miss all of that.

I'll still talk to the same people I always have though, the ones who were there from the start, the ones who are there for the community, not for the limelight or any perceived rarity or anything else.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    That was a pretty boring opening post.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swepsycho's suddenly using near-perfect grammar? What's going on here?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    @Artemis thanks for opinion...why sad? @Mjmacky go back in lounge... @anon copy paste only change *** to FST

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    @anon copy paste only change *** to FST
    That settles it. I feel bad for thinking you had improved all of a sudden now...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    Idoleyes was right all along... scary stuff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Well, the original poster of that first post was pretty spot on, but there are still a few people that use BT, they just don't need to chase after dream sites anymore. It's become much easier to accommodate the desires of the average user and with the increased use of seedboxes, most torrent sites have much better speeds than they used to. I still get all my media from BT, but I'm perfectly happy getting all my files for free, damn netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Aby View Post
    Idoleyes was right all along... scary stuff.
    Weirdly I'm right more times than not even if it isn't immediately apparent.

Case in point I immediately pegged you for a cunt.

@Swepsycho .Once the mask has come off it's sort of pointless to put it back on and pretend no one noticed trolltard.
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    @Mjmacky go back in lounge
    The insistence that I be relegated to the lounge is not my failure to be on topic, but rather everyone else's failure to understand me. What's more boring than bt drama talk, is talking about the existence of bt drama talk. It applies to most things.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast