Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is file sharing going to end today?

Is it safe to download today? I figured we could all get in one more day until the business week starts tomorrow. I hope file sharing doesn't die today on July 1st.

Maybe we should see who is the last file sharer in the US.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57...ght-by-july-1/

https://filesharingtalk.com/content/1...Punish-Pirates
    Last edited by cola; 07-01-2012 at 08:09 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm shaking in my boots. I will continue to do things as I have for years. This is just another in a long line of attempts to curb "piracy". Personally, I am not against buying movies, music and games, in fact I do often. I also happen to have several TB of stuff on my home PC. Maybe one day they will shut down everyone's internet and throw a ton of people in jail and still see no increase in their profits. The truth is, the pirates will always stay one step ahead and these jerks are only going to drive more customers away with their pushy tactics. Is it our fault that they didn't appropriately change their business model to cope with the new market?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'd like to go on record that I too am not against buying movies, music, and games... Just in case a certain someone is reading this.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I'll go on the record and say that piracy will never ever stop, doesn't matter if its 2012 or 3012, long after a lot of us are dead and buried. There will be always be distribution of files, period. You can't slow it down and you can't stop it. And anyway this current waste of time will achieve nothing. Torrents will not go away, and the rich pigs are not interested in Usenet as its still on the fringes and DDL is dead or dying. The result? Ripping off poor pirates instead of trying to think of better alternatives.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    sandman_1's Avatar Poster
    Mostly applies to BT. I will keep getting my shit from Usenet and won't think twice.
    Who needs cloud storage when you got the NSA?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Looks like the ISPs will be monitoring everyone.

http://dottech.org/tech-news/28447/i...g-july-1-2012/

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BOOOOO! HISSSSSS! I am with sandman here. I think torrents will be on the back burner for me (at least for anything newer or even remotely popular). Now all I have to do is figure out usenet. LOL. I laugh but I'm not joking. Just started playing around with some free trials today. It outlived every other fad so I guess it's a good place to start.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    If something is on (public) torrents its very likely its in the bowels of usenet somewhere. Just use any free indexer to dig it up. I'd also subscribe to nzbmatrix but only as a free user (don't bother paying), as you can use their titles as reference for binsearch or mysterbin or nzbclub. I'd recommend Astraweb's current $96/yr offer to begin your usenet odyssey.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The ISPs are likely to be loking at known hash files, and it won't matter if you are getting the files from Usenet, BT, or your grandmother. A hash is a hash.

ISPs have seen everything (if they cared to look) we have transferred all along. They just haven't taken on that burden. With all of the scams that have been pushed on unsuspecting downloaders, this is an all-in-one, under-the-same-roof racketeering scam. I'm looking into VPNs right now, but until then, I'm limiting my downloads.

I'm hoping the courts will (not accept huge bribes) stand up against the largest wiretapping scheme the world has EVER experienced. Lay low and see what happens once people start getting hit with notices. If you get one yourself, post its content so that others can see what is getting monitored, and what is being left unobserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What good is a VPN going to do if they're looking at hashes.

vpnz.PNG

Unless you're planning to connect to your VPN before you connect to your ISP. Which is, of course, impossible.
    My advice is to just download stuff you're actually going to watch. Or if even that seems like too much of a risk, don't download copyrighted material at all. It isn't worth the worry if it will cause you more discomfort than actually paying for it would.

I'm just going to carry on as I always have done, pretty much. Altho' I'm from the UK and I don't think it's as big of a deal over here.
    Mind, my ISP blocked tpb in the last day or so
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast