Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Whats the worst game you have ever played?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNguyen View Post
    Haha, I think it's Warcraft III with its unlimited maps (human imagine is unlimit)
    Agreed.

2. Games   -   #72
    camW00dS's Avatar Poster
    flappy bird

3. Games   -   #73
    Anthem!

4. Games   -   #74
    Batman for NES

5. Games   -   #75
    Township

6. Games   -   #76
    Bad rats of course!

7. Games   -   #77
    Poster
    Hunt Down The Freeman

8. Games   -   #78
    The question is a bit unfair, cos a 'game' can be made bad so very easily, but the other end of the scale takes real talent.

So I'll go another way. I date back to 'build it yourself' computers- like the MK14 (which most people have never heard of), and the UK101 (a knock of of the US Ohio Superboard). Only the later had a way to load/store programs (tape). As amazing as it may seem, to use the MK14, every time you had to re-enter the MACHINE CODE (yes, literal machine code in hex- on a membrane hex keypad). Tho the 'BIOS' was in ROM, thank god.

Anyway I liked the 'games' on the MK14 (like moon-landing - which was stats like fuel and altitude on the calculator display).

The UK101 was the first system I owned where i could BUY games (tape). I ordered a few, and they arrived while I was in London at a uni interview. Back home I tried both- for the first and last time. They were so useless, I spent more time loading them from tape than using them. And i'm not joking.

Back them a lot of games were BASIC listings (from books and magazines) you typed in yourself. Things like Star Trek. And they were all worth using a little, and some quite a lot. But those UK101 tapes- damn.

Anyway a little later a friend (whose UK101 I also built - in a small back bedroom where I spent a couple of hours as a Human extraction system with every solder fume going straight up my nostrils- and they used lead back then) bought a copy of 'space invaders' which was actually really really good. Not licensed, of course (it was the 'wild west' back then)- and he built a special 'key' for firing the laser to avoid damaging the proper keyboard.

Today a massive dev can code a game more complex that every computer game combined through all the early years of computer games, with graphics we could never have imaginged, and we all (correctly) dismiss it as trash after the first hour of use. I will recall I had more fun with that old BASIC teletype version of 'Star Trek' than with this modern failure. Advances in tech make things possible today that the earlier version of myself with that bare -board calc-display MK14 would have considered the wildest SF dream. But a bad game is still a bad game.

9. Games   -   #79
    I have been a Steam member for almost 14 years and have over 100 games in my library. The worst game that I have played there is Z.I.O.N:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4...snr=1_7_15__13

10. Games   -   #80
    Poster
    pitfall and Ghosts 'n Goblins... i just sucked at it both!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast