Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has The Forum Change You.

Twist3r
    Yes i think it has

now i have a place to read about upcomming games/movies and i can read about stuff i never would of heard of befor

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    This is a great forum, I've learned many things here, and it feels good to help out other people when needed.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 November 2003 - 11:40
    Has the forum changed you?

For me there have been numerous people I have fought with, sometimes viciously. In fact, I still disagree with some people quite strongly, but in exchanging posts with them, I realize that we will all not agree. Disagreement is a spice, not a vice.

As long as we all attempt to listen and not blindly defend our preconceived ideas, this forum is a useful tool.

I want to personally give kudos to Protak, an acquired taste for me.  I will still disagree with him on certain subjects, but now I can appreciate the man he is and what he stands for.  I guess this same logic explains why he and Dilly Bean are friends.
    Well deserved praise Tim! You are always fun and always reasonable, even when you don't agree with somebody.

Your turn in Scav Hunt, btw!

Oh and to answer the question..... absolutely! It's a whole new world!

And the divorce coming because I spend so much time on the 'puter could be quite life changing too!

B)

4. Lounge   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I don't think I've changed as much I've discarded some unpleasant modes of communication.

I think because of this board I've settled into a little more consistent M.O. in dealing with others.

I've learned to simplify my style, I think-although I'm certainly not the best judge of that.

I've become more comfortable, certainly.

I'm still the same stubborn prick as ever, but with a burgeoning sentimental streak.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Aberrant
    Originally posted by j2k4@20 November 2003 - 02:01
    I'm still the same stubborn prick as ever, but with a burgeoning sentimental streak.
    Awww.... don't be so hard on y'self j2k4....
    • ....nobody thinks yer sentimental.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by titey+20 November 2003 - 03:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (titey @ 20 November 2003 - 03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@20 November 2003 - 02:01
    I&#39;m still the same stubborn prick as ever, but with a burgeoning sentimental streak.
    Awww.... don&#39;t be so hard on y&#39;self j2k4....
    • ....nobody thinks yer sentimental.
    [/b][/quote]
    Titey-

Man, how could you miss it?

My wife tells me since my heart "event" that I&#39;ve turned into the biggest boo-hoo she&#39;s ever seen.

I&#39;m afraid to watch TV for fear I might accidentally see the death scene from "Steel Magnolias".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Aberrant
    I think yer the one who missed somefin j2k4.
    • Of course I was only kiddin though.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    2 paegs long and of course hi jacked already

9. Lounge   -   #19
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 November 2003 - 13:01
    I like to think of this place as a supplement to life, not the main course.&nbsp;

So many people from different countries and upbringing.

I have really grown in my appreciation of the effects of American foreign policy.

When I first came here, I was so baffled by how people had such hatred toward my country and such misunderstanding about what "Americans" were like.

Now, I am better able to relate and address the fact that what you think the American government is, bears little reflection on the fact that we Americans are simply people, just like you.
    well put my dear lagomorph,

i think i&#39;ve become slightly more understanding of the diversity of opinions, and definetely of the ignorance and powerlessness that we all share,
    i&#39;ve also learned much of the caustic effects my diatribes can have on people, and attempt to be somewhat more restrained than i have been.

i really enjoy the fact that i hardly ever hear conversations like the ones i read here, being body-less definetley has it&#39;s perks.

most of all i think the internation-ality of the board is it&#39;s greatest strength, there are so many perspectives, and when the problem solving works it&#39;s excellent.

werd out to the klboard crew&#33; B)

::] shouldn&#39;t this thread be in the &#39;About our website and this Forum&#39; section rather than the &#39;Lounge&#39;? [::

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Adster@20 November 2003 - 03:31
    2 paegs long and of course hi jacked already
    Okay.

I put it back.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast