Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there is no God, is there such a thing as evil?

This is just me thinking out loud here, but I think even if there is no God, there still is evil and to a lesser extent, good.

I'm going to define evil as the forces of entropy, chaos, disease, death, and decay. And "good" as any effort to thwart them.

Let's try to look at this religious scripture from a non-religious point of view:

28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? 30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. 31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. 32And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

What do you see there? What does it say about evil? Ultimately, evil is chaos and leads to an early death. That's what I take away from it.

Isn't Liberalism is many ways a force for chaos and therefore evil?:

"Michael Savage accuses liberals and leftists of making political moves which undermine the basic tenets of American life including marriage, the U.S. Constitution, The bill of rights, and the Ten Commandments. One chapter is dedicated to his criticisms of radical Islam, which he calls "Islamofascism". In each chapter is a "Savage Spotlight of Truth" that purports to cast a light on how liberals spread their political agenda."

Yes, Liberalism IS a Mental Disorder

By Rusty Weiss | January 22, 2012 | 23:46

Presidential candidate, Rick Santorum, was the victim of a ‘glitter bombing’ Saturday night, as he delivered remarks following a third place finish in the South Carolina primary. Glitter bombing is a supposed act of protest in which opponents are showered with glitter by leftists who support same-sex marriage policies. What exactly would cause grown men and women to perform an act that is seemingly drawn from the mind of a child?

In 2005, Michael Savage famously wrote a book titled, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, the subject of which is self-explanatory. And more recently, Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a board-certified clinical psychologist, wrote a book in which he diagnosed the ideology of the left as a tangible mental illness. Perhaps though, liberalism is not so much a novel mental disorder, but a more cleverly disguised form of illness already widely studied since the late ‘60s – narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

The Mayo Clinic defines NPD as “a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration.” This seems in tune with the fact that liberals, along with their degenerate offspring, the Occupy Wall Street movement, believe their policies and platforms fall in the majority - or the 99% if you will - despite being outnumbered by conservatives at a 2-1 clip.

There are other symptoms that define NPD and the left alike…

Expecting constant praise and admiration

This is a staple of the Occupy movement and their constant ‘look at me’ media whoring. The need to feed their pride consumes them, fueling a self-importance that must continue to grow through perpetual media coverage.

Being jealous of others

The very premise on which the Occupy movement and the liberal platform of wealth redistribution are based is jealousy. They want what others have, and they want it without cost to themselves, either monetarily or based on time. They are envious of those with wealth, health insurance, homes, etc. It is a common attribute upon which all liberal protesters rally around.

Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans

Is there anything that personified this more than the Obamacare fight? The measure was opposed by likely voters by a wide margin, 54-41 percent. Yet it was still rammed down the collective throats of the American people. Why? Because liberals honestly thought that once the plebeians had a chance to see their ideas, they would go along with it. Proof of this materialized when Nancy Pelosi uttered these famous words: “… We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

Setting unrealistic goals

Those crazy kids over at the OWS website, at one point gave us a list of humorous demands that included these deep-seated liberal fantasies.

Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment
    Free college education
    Open borders migration
    Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all

The liberal politician’s equivalent of this list would be:

Extending unemployment benefits ad nauseam
    Student loan forgiveness
    Illegal immigration amnesty (DREAM Act)
    Postponement of foreclosures

All currently under consideration by the Obama administration.

A sense of entitlement

The liberal movement amounts to nothing more than making excuses to legitimize a platform of laziness and entitlements. We see this in the Occupy protests. Their solution to counter corporate greed is to steal from those that have worked hard to attain their level of wealth, and give to those who refuse to reach such a work ethic. Money for nothing, or entitlement, seems to be a birthright for the left.

Trouble keeping healthy relationships

Too easy. Does this sound like a group of individuals with relationship issues?

A 24-year-old convicted sex offender having sex with a 14-year-old at Occupy Dallas.
    Rapes and instances of groping in New York’s Zuccotti Park.
    One rape victim was alleged to have been a deaf man.
    A female protester raped at Occupy Philadelphia.
    Women Only sleeping quarters had to be erected at the New York encampment.
    A permit was yanked in Madison, Wisconsin, due to public masturbation.
    A Los Angeles protester arrested for masturbating in front of children.

Summary

All of these symptoms seem to define an individual who is unable to express their frustration in a rational manner - hence the glitter bombing. The Mayo Clinic diagnosis seems to speak to the glitter-loving liberals directly:

“In order to make yourself feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and efforts to belittle the other person to make yourself appear better.” [This sure fits MJMacky, doesn't it?]

Problem being; only you believe these actions make you look better.

In the end, Savage was right. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Just not a new one.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rusty-w...#ixzz20ntADsYx
    Who can take your money and give it to someone else? The Government Can! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2eh...layer_embedded

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Could, you know, you just write your own actual opinion without great swathes of copy/paste material?
    I count maybe four or five lines that you wrote - which, incidentally, aren't really saying much about why you think what you think and then a truckload of what someone else thinks.

I'd much prefer to eat my own arm than read a right-wing political blog entry ... or a left wing political blog entry, come to that ... but I'd be interested in the chain of thought an actual person uses to come to their own conclusions about any given ideal.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post
    This is just me thinking out loud here, but I think even if there is no God, there still is evil and to a lesser extent, good.

Isn't Liberalism is many ways a force for chaos and therefore evil?:
    Short answer, no.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Could, you know, you just write your own actual opinion without great swathes of copy/paste material?
    I count maybe four or five lines that you wrote - which, incidentally, aren't really saying much about why you think what you think and then a truckload of what someone else thinks.

I'd much prefer to eat my own arm than read a right-wing political blog entry ... or a left wing political blog entry, come to that ... but I'd be interested in the chain of thought an actual person uses to come to their own conclusions about any given ideal.
    I made a graphic awhile back to explain 9's mindset... gonna dig it up now.

OK, I tried, I gave it a solid 20 minute effort. I conclude that a mod deleted it. I can't find it in any of the threads or in my attachments.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Cheers for looking. You could always explain via the gift or words.
    It might have been deleted. I noticed recently that there was a six-month splurge of making absolutely sure that posts in this section were scrupulously on-topic.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Cheers for looking. You could always explain via the gift or words.
    It might have been deleted. I noticed recently that there was a six-month splurge of making absolutely sure that posts in this section were scrupulously on-topic.
    100 % guarantee that it was an on topic post with a graphic depicting 9's information filter (I think I drew a machine, or a wormhole). Anyways, I can't remember exactly what it looked like but it's one of only a dozen or so of my shitty ms paint drawings. Why the fuck would it be missing from my attachments? I super highly doubt I used an image host. I'm annoyed at nazi-ism right now.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You can just say Nazism.
    Also, I'm not going to mention any names but it was Skizo who did most of the deleting from this section and if it's any consolation, it was probably only good in your head

Spoiler: Show

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    You can just say Nazism.
    I refuse to since they are just unorganized nazis.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    If there is no God, what is the logical basis for defining what is good & evil?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by theblake View Post
    If there is no God, what is the logical basis for defining what is good & evil?
    By examining the effects of one person's actions would have an another, and then assessing whether or not it was intentional.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast