Thread: Movies May Be Online By Mid '05

ok so dvd-quality movies will be officially available for download just as soon as they hit theaters, cool, what do you say?

does that mean we can just crack it and share it?

the news is based on this link

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/2003...930056000.html

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    thats just gonna make it easier for us
    there is no such thing as a hack-proof system. if someone built it, someone can take it down.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by quiksilver_aus@20 November 2003 - 03:50
    thats just gonna make it easier for us
    there is no such thing as a hack-proof system. if someone built it, someone can take it down.
    oh yea, definitely, it's a good news it even save people time to get cameras into the theaters lol, by the way we both hitted 124 posts right now

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    i dont think that they r going to do that because if they put movies on the internet right when they r in the theaters they'll be killing their ticket sales.

proud to be american

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Jay@19 November 2003 - 22:46
    i dont think that they r going to do that because if they put movies on the internet right when they r in the theaters they'll be killing their ticket sales.
    true. but if they are charging, then people would rather go to theaters rather than wait 1 hr to dl it.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    it's all depend on the price, i would expect it to be 5 bucks for a movie, movies may even be charged differently depend on production level.

as to me, my bottom line is 2 dollars, if they charge more than that, i would rather go to the theater or wait for a dvd rip

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    the time thing might not be an issue.
    they'll probably come up with some new compression techniques, and internet connections will be faster.
    so it might even be streamed to avoid dl time.