Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the fastest internet speed???

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Rogers DSL..... In Canada
    250 Mbps (with fiber optic lines in some areas 350 Mbps)

Quote Originally Posted by DngrMs View Post
    Based on the services I have access to, and the bandwidth their hosts have available, I can't imagine a real world benefit of more than about 100Mb/s at the moment. I think 30Mb/s is probably a great target for home use as even that is pretty damn quick.
    And I pay less than ~US$40 a month for all that... including the NSP...
    I can really assume you don't have any teenagers at home. Today if you think 30Mb/s is enough speed..
    I am from Canada , I had 150Mb/s service for about 6 months , and I was getting over that with speed test , with my 3 kids laptops going , my USENET download speeds went in the toilet. I have now bumped up to 250Mb/s with a AC modem router. Now I am getting really good download speeds (180Mb/s or higher with the kids sometimes hogging beyond). The cost is a little high at $80 unlimited downloads a month , but it sure saves a lot of arguing and frustration.
    Last edited by shaina; 04-14-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    1 gig is the fastest here in the UK. Though it's only available in limited areas. Other than that probably 152 mb virginmedia is the fastest.

I have 100 mb. Fast enough for my needs.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    Scientists in the UK have created the fastest ever real-world internet connection, using commercial-grade fibre optic lines to clock up speeds of 1.4 terabits per second.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Gribley's Avatar On a hate list
    Quote Originally Posted by arulkaruppannan View Post
    Scientists in the UK have created the fastest ever real-world internet connection, using commercial-grade fibre optic lines to clock up speeds of 1.4 terabits per second.
    Not at my house they havn`t. That will be popping up in 10 yrs then.... just as they bring out hologram video at 5MB/sec where it will still take 30mins to download a film*

*yes I didn`t try to work out the numbers

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    I have 60Mbps here in Utah with Comcast. Google has announced plans to put Google Fiber in Salt Lake City, I can't wait! Finally Gigabit speed!

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    and no bandiwth limit?

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    No limit with Google Fiber that i know of. It's still a new thing that is many months away.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    None of it is even nearly fast enough. I want instant and I want it now. 1950s TV could broadcast live audio/visual to screens faster than most of todays net.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    100 Mbps I experienced.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    Poster
    download speed 105.85 mbps
    upload 5.88 mbps

virgin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast