View Poll Results: what age did you get married?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20+years and below 30year

14 51.85%
  • 30+ years

13 48.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what age does someone get married?

Poster BT Rep: +2
    welll i know age shouldnt be the criteria to get married and alll....but age does matter ,welll u cant wait for too long ,or get married too soon...i mean even if u doo find the right gal or not(considering tat there is no such thing as a right gal/guy)...
    would u propose for marriage sooner if u r around 30 years old?, is being 30 years old ,the threshold for marriage?

a lot of my friends are getting married already and i dont feel like being married yet...i just wanted a general opinion...
    this is the only forum i used to frequent asked alll stupid questions and i like it here,
    may be this is not really the right place to ask opinions probably everyone is too young and all ,but if someone who is already married or old enough can gimme a serious reply i would really be thankfull. (i am 26 years).

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Basically, if you need to ask the internets whether you should marry...don't.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'd advise anyone to get their life in order before taking on the responsibility of caring for another. Having a house pet that doesn't starve/dehydrate is a good first test of fitness.

Gather all the basic necessities- furniture, dishes, RELIABLE car, etc. Be able to pay your credit cards off (and don't be dependent on them for basic needs), and be comfortable in your own skin. Learn how to share a space with a room mate. Keep the place clean, and be able to negotiate with that room mate to keep up their end of the deal. Learn how to make at least 7 really good meals. Learn how to make something edible when it appears you are out of groceries. Stock a pantry for such times. Hold a steady job, and be able to work additional hours, or get a part-time job to supplement the first one. Have friends who can help with maintenance of a house/car.

So, basically, 30+.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If the religious aspect isn't a concern, then getting married is basically something that only girls want to do.

Being married isn't any different from living with your girlfriend, it's a purely symbolic ceremony that I have no truck with. There are far greater commitments you can make to a person, for example, having a child or even taking out a joint mortgage.

The question you have to ask yourself is whether you think enough of the girl to give her a gift that has no tangible value but will cost around £20,000.
    If the answer is that, yes, her happiness is worth any amount of money or debt then get married. If you'd rather spend the money on something cool; don't get married.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    thank you for all ur replys megabyteme and manker and clocker (in tat order).

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    You can't marry a twelve year old, which doesn't make the sexing legal anyway.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    People get married when they have earned stability in their lives. When the first half is ready to take the responsibility of the second half.
    When the man's saving is more than woman's expenditure.
    As far as i am concerned,
    I just want to get married and not worry about all this and wish these things were taken care of by god.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyclinic View Post
    People get married when they have earned stability in their lives. When the first half is ready to take the responsibility of the second half.
    When the man's saving is more than woman's expenditure.
    As far as i am concerned,
    I just want to get married and not worry about all this and wish these things were taken care of by god.
    Wow, good luck with all of that.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Age is relative! Maturity is the key... My neighbours married at 19 and 20 years old sixty years ago. I married at 25, had my first child at 29 and have been married 39 years: my daughter married at 30 years old and my son is still unmarried at 35. I didn't feel ready to marry any earlier than 25 as I hadn't established myself in my career and had no savings behind me to 'put down roots' with anyone. Whether you are mature enough, to want to share your life with a partner, is key.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Age is indeed relative. There are 19/20 year olds who are more mature than 28/29 year olds in terms of relationships. When marrying, as long as they keep together beyond the initial physical lust or whatever and can develop a tight bond, I'd say it doesn't matter what age they are.

Though I might just call BS at 13 year olds marrying, just saying

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast